Dog's ears - abrasion

spc524

This past weekend while out hunting the underside of my dog's ears got some abrasion from running thru the weeds. I have seen this in the past but it typically shows up at the end of the year after hitting cattails several days in a row.

Does any one have any tips how to help this heal and limit the problem in the future?

Thanks

I use Bag Balm on my dog's minor abrasions, they get many hunting in Western SD. I have found also that top-notch food and supplementing them with my homemade dog food really helps them heal-up fast. I use a product called "Taste of the Wild" for a dry ration. Then I buy 10 lb of cheap burger, mix it with my extra eggs, ( I don't sell eggs as there is no such thing as too many when you have hi energy spaniels), some green beans, carrots, pumpkin, etc and simmer it all together, then let it gel like head cheese. Then you can slice it in proper portions and freeze it. It helps keep your cooler colder and provides a ration that nearly any dog will eat, anytime, as my dogs won't eat dry food while hunting, they would rather just hunt. Also when it's warm, the dogs love a frozen treat, it's like a pupsicle.

Back