Dog loves deer and rabbit Glossettes

Little Brit

How the heck do I keep my pup from eating deer and rabbit Glossettes aka poop. Everytime we are out training or walking she is snacking on poop...drives me nuts. Is this bad for her and how do I stop it.

I had the same problem with my 4 year old Brittany when she was younger. Thankfully she finally grew out of it. I won't say she will never pick one up but it's sure not very often anymore. However, in the winter when the poop in the backyard gets nice and hard I will see her crunching a turd on occasion. :eek:

At least it's hard, if it was soft it would look like she just ate a peanut butter sandwich lol. Well I hope she grow out of it but in the mean time I hope it doesn't make her sick

Should I bring a sample in even if she is fully vaccinated just got her done a month or so ago.

The general vaccinations won't prevent worms. I've never had my dog get worms from munching on some deer poop but I would think it's a possiblity. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Maybe something to visit with your vet about on a normal visit. Unless you would see some signs like weight loss or unable to maintain weight. Tape worms you will see the little white segments hanging out of her anus after a bowel movement. Others more knowledgable than me on this site are sure to weigh in on this issue.

Back