Dog houses -

southernblues

I was reading on a forum about a dog house that's pretty heavy duty, stays very warm and long lasting (against rain and weather). I'm trying to find out which one it possibly could be -- if anyone has a idea what I'm talking about (from the inconclusive data I'm giving...)

Around $250??

That's it!

The barrel model looks like it is discountinued. I have a male brittany and want to make sure I get the correct size. Looks like all of them will be fine. Any specific feedback on which one?

Thanks

I have 3 of the circle dens and they have been outstanding dog houses. Very warm and the dogs love them. For your brittany get the standard size one (its the smaller one) I have two big labs and a Vizsla and they fit in them just fine. If you get too big the dog will end up using all his body warmth to warm the house and in turn may get cold.

Mine are just about warn out now. I think I am going to go with 55 gal plastic barrels next time. I'm going to make my own cut out and use aluminum for the doors with a spring so they stay shut. I've heard that the barrels are very warm and that the dogs absolutely love them. Just make sure if you go with barrels you drill some vent holes to keep condensation from building up inside.

What duck said. You definately want the smaller one. I have a 60 lb male GSP and he fits easily. For the extra $40, I'd spend the money and get the one that comes partially assembled. I'm glad I did and I'm a pretty handy guy. Saved me some time. My dog is a spoiled rotten house dog who only gets kenneled outside when we are gone for extended periods (greater than 6 hours). Because of this and our MI winters, I also went with the heated floor.

Back