Dog friendly motels?

flc

Anyone have any good experiences with motels that like hunters in SW quarter of Kansas? My dog is a house dog and I only stay in motels that allow dogs in the room. She does not sleep on the bed as I don't like that, but does sleep nearby on a dog bed or is comfortable sleeping in a plastic crate. I prefer motels with room doors to the outside so as to not have to walk her thru a lobby. Don't need luxury but clean and comfortable is a must. It seems to me that it would be handy to have a listing of those kind of accommodations on a forum like this. I don't care to be any more specific on area as I don't mind driving a distance from the motel to hunt. I'm 74 and generally take a laid back approach to hunting now. Just me and my dog and I'm just enjoying the experience, not looking to kill all the roosters in the world. I hunt public land primarily.

Not sure if there are any in the area you will be but I like LaQuinta. They are dog friendly and generally do not charge for a pet in the room. They are almost always nice, clean and reasonably priced.

Most in Kansas accept pets. They may charge a small fee for pets however.Google area where you want to stay and give them a call to make sure.

Back