Dog Box

Nick

I am considering buying a dog box for the bed of my truck. I have a lab that weighs around 70 lbs. Looking to purchase a two dog box with some storage. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

-Nick

I am considering buying a dog box for the bed of my truck. I have a lab that weighs around 70 lbs. Looking to purchase a two dog box with some storage. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

-Nick

hope someone can help, but most 2 dog boxes i have seen are too small, unless you can find a custom made one? good luck

I have a Houndsmen deluxe that I got a Dresslers in KCK 10 plus years ago and it held my labs fine. They are not cheap of well built!

I still have mine for sale. I had bigger doors built into mine since I have labradors. My male dog weighs 91 lbs and fits in their easy. Mine is also insulated and I had extra D rings installed on it. Like new and you would not have to pay shipping.

I still have mine for sale. I had bigger doors built into mine since I have labradors. My male dog weighs 91 lbs and fits in their easy. Mine is also insulated and I had extra D rings installed on it. Like new and you would not have to pay shipping.

I just sent you a PM. Thanks.

Quality dog boxes in El Dorado is good to go. Clint has made 4 different boxes for me over the years and his craftsmanship is awesome. He has made some tweaks to his process over the years for the better like making the doors out of thicker gauge aluminum than the rest of box and not cutting all the aluminum out underneath butterfly vents. Instead he will drill a bunch of .75” holes underneath vent so the air gets in but a dog can’t grab the vent.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. I have decided to buy Westbowhunter's Houndsman Deluxe. Will be driving out to pick it up this weekend.

Quality dog boxes in El Dorado is good to go. Clint has made 4 different boxes for me over the years and his craftsmanship is awesome. He has made some tweaks to his process over the years for the better like making the doors out of thicker gauge aluminum than the rest of box and not cutting all the aluminum out underneath butterfly vents. Instead he will drill a bunch of .75” holes underneath vent so the air gets in but a dog can’t grab the vent.

I have seen a box that a tab welded to the bottom of the box and a locking tailgate wedges, locks it in. That and a simple overhead bar door 3 or 4 inches higher than the tailgate. It would run up into the top of the box once you started hopping fields and the tailgate would be your door.. I was going to run those by him and see what he thought.

Tell me about it. Sam’s in Wichita had 5-6 of those deezee boxes around 1999 for $279. Stupidly, I only bought 1 and not all of them. Sold it when I got an 2008 Ram as it would not fit in the short bed.

I have a diamond deluxe and it has been a good one. Have had it since 2005 and is still in great shape. I also had a Dee Zee, but it was the standard box type. I bought it at Atwoods for 199 years ago. Sold it. I just looked. Dee Zee has it listed for 598.00. Had a local trailer/dog box maker here tell me that his aluminum has gone up around 30% since the tariffs.

Last edited:
Back