Digging Dog

laborshka

Just looking for any advice any of you might have. I have a large munsterlander, she is almost 18 mos old so not a pup but not quite adult either, great dog, no real issues with training, hunting, family or otherwise. My problem is we recently had some new sod put in our back yard and she repeatedly digs up a couple of spots, ruins the sod, and makes a hole, it has also happened on a breeze mix path but that is becoming packed so it is harder for her. Any tips on stopping the digging either with the dog or something to put on the grass to deter her. Thanks in advance.

if it is the same spot all the time you can put a pile of her poo in the hole and fill it back up. Seems to work for me.

Question;Do you know if you have moles? My gsp goes after the moles like you would not believe.Where she digs is out of the way for me though.

A friend of mine added a small sandbox (basically sand inside landscaping stones) near his deck for the dog to dig in and did a little rewarding when his dog dug there - cured her from digging everywhere in the yard. worth a try.

Does the dog dig a hole and lay in it.? If so, it is doing it to stay cool.

My wife threaten to have all my dogs de-clawed like a cat, if they didn't quit digging up her flower bed. Well my dogs still have toe-nails and there aren’t any flowers in the flower bed. For me it’s a win-win situation, we don't spend any money planting flowers, I don’t have to weed the flower beds and the dogs get a place to lie where it's cooler.

My last dog had a penchant for digging. I left her one hole to lay in/by when it was hot & that was the end of it.

Back