Did I make a mistake?

birddude

Sold a boat the other day. After we agreed on a price the fellow pulled out what looked to be a 50's model Browning humpback light 12 and said he would take 500.00 for it. It was in pretty good shape but looked like the butt stock had been replaced with an ill fitted one, or whomever did it didn't finish out the fit. I'm not really an auto fan but who doesn't like old Brownings? Anyway, I passed and am now wondering if I made a mistake? It actually shouldered quite nice.

Never, ever, regret the guns you didn't buy in casual encounters. Your native optimism will endow them with remarkable attributes--far beyond most guns' capability. You never picture the barrel falling out of the receiver a you are passing it to your buddy as the two of you cross over a small causeway bridge, or as you fire one round and have the gun go to full auto as some sear fails in the field.

You have guns now; you'll have other guns on other days.

Have a great season.🤠

Sold a boat the other day. After we agreed on a price the fellow pulled out what looked to be a 50's model Browning humpback light 12 and said he would take 500.00 for it. It was in pretty good shape but looked like the butt stock had been replaced with an ill fitted one, or whomever did it didn't finish out the fit. I'm not really an auto fan but who doesn't like old Brownings? Anyway, I passed and am now wondering if I made a mistake? It actually shouldered quite nice.
You could have used it in barter with me! :rolleyes: As one said never regret the guns you don't buy!

Back