Deluge…😱

Hope it slows down for bit during your hatch. Down here we received a few more tenths, I think the food plots will pop now, but going to need more to keep things going. Do you have a line on how the conditions are around Isabel, SD? Heading there in a couple weeks for our PD shoot. Nice if it is not bone dry, but don't need knee-high grass either.

I'm east of SD in MN and we have had a parade of rain and storms for weeks on end, but we kind of needed it considering how dry it was last year. Western MN had really bad storms last night. A couple tornadoes near Alexandria and multiple locations with ping pong sized hail.

Quite a change from last year when we had the worst drought in 30 years.

I am in Brookings and it has seemed that the real heavy stuff has went around us and dumped elsewhere. We have had some nice rains,bad storms with damaging winds but very little hail.

Things look good around here.

Last edited:
I traveled from N. Central ND to visit family in Ashley, ND (S. Central). I then traveled two more hours to Miller SD almost straight south of Ashley. It is so green right now and those that had crops in have fields popping green. I did a lot of traveling at prime times over the Memorial Day Weekend and saw one rooster after another along the roads along with some hens. Unfortunately that meant I saw some road kill birds as well but it is a good sign. Hoping for a great hatch!

Back