Definitely the Last Trip of the Year

Agreed. That little Griffon is an awesome chukar dog. She never busts a covey! The more scent she gets the slower she goes. She is the exact opposite of every lab that I ever hunted behind.

In short, I agree 100%.

She makes me look good all the time.

Attachments

• IMG_9008.jpeg
    IMG_9008.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 12
Limiting out on chukar in ideal conditions is an accomplishment. But doing so in those adverse conditions is just damn good hunting and shooting. Huzzah! Huzzah!

Agreed. That little Griffon is an awesome chukar dog. She never busts a covey! The more scent she gets the slower she goes. She is the exact opposite of every lab that I ever hunted behind.

In short, I agree 100%.

She makes me look good all the time.
Steep hills,cliffs, snow, miles od walking...ass whipping.Kind of fun, but not my favorite thing to do.

Your last trip to Chukar country sounds like a real test of grit and determination! Battling through snow, wind, and cold to come out with a limit is no small feat.
It's these tough and challenging adventures that often become the most memorable and cherished life experiences.
Sharing these moments with friends adds another layer of camaraderie and bonding. Despite the falls and the hardships, it's clear that the memories made on this trip will last a lifetime. And who knows, maybe one day you'll look back on these chilly days with fondness and nostalgia.

Last edited:
I hunted chucker for 3 days in nevada.I shot one chucker and 2 quail.It was a lot of climbing, and a real ass whipping.

Unfortunately, chukar hunting is a lot like elk hunting for me. Every chukar and elk season ends with me wondering if I have another season in me.

Back