Danner Boots?

SignalOakLabs

I have heard alot of good things about danner boots and Im looking into getting a new pair.. Just wondering if anyone has a pair of the 10" covey rise boots, GTX style I belive? Just wanting to know if they are comfortable to walk in all day and such. looking for some input before I drop the dime for a pair, Thanks!

I've got 2 pairs of pronghorns and several people I hunt with have some. They are comfy and light just like a boot should be. Once they get a little wear on them they leak bad. Even wet grass will leave your foot destined to be a prune. Sadly most supposed waterproof boots seem that way though. Starting to think a guys gotta hunt in rubbers, new gore-tex or similiar products, or only hunt once the ground is good and frozen to stay dry. Wool socks keeps wet feet comfortable though.

Boot's

Not hunting boots but I have a pair of the John Deere Non slip non heel boots with a crape sole that I bought 6 months ago. I work around alot of equine animals and paddocks. They have held up great to everything including moisture. Their the most comfortable boot's I've ever owned, there even lined to keep you warm in the winter. Looking forward to trying them out opening weekend in Kansas. Hope they work!

If you look at past post there was a long discussion about boots. I think it was called "Whats on your feet". If I remember right people were not impressed with danner.

Danners are the most comfortable hunting boots I've ever owned. That being said, they're also the least waterproof GoreTex boots I've ever owned.

Mine started leaking after 6 uses.

For almost $200, I expected better.

Danners are overpriced junk. They are very comfortable, but as the others have said they leak like a sieve. I burnt thru 2 pair in 2 yrs. The stitching has let loose on the toes and they have basically fallen apart after only a little use. If I were you I'd look elsewhere.

Made in USA

The deal with Danner Boots is you need to buy a model made in the USA. I believe the Pronghorns are made in China. I went through a similar experience a few years ago purchasing a pair of 400 gram Pronghorns and heading for my South Dakota hunt. After a few days in the rain and snow they leaked. Wet, cold feet are no fun. I sent them back and told them I would pay an upgrade to get a pair of made in USA boots. I chose the 400 gram thinsulate Raptor and have worn them hard for about 6 years now. This past Saturday I was grouse hunting in an area where I was sloshing around in the water pretty good and they still keep my feet dry. Those boots are worn and look like it, but like the old Timex watches, they take a licken and keep on ticken. Stay away from the Chinese junk. They make a lightweight, comfortable boot, but they will let you down with cold, wet feet. Stay with Made in USA, they are more money, but worth it and you'll be supporting local jobs, too.

I'm trying a pair of Danner Pronghorns for the first time this year. So far so good. They are light and comfortable, and I've had a terrible time finding a comfortable boot the past several years. I clean and re-oil the leather after each use and thus far have no issues with the stitching letting loose. After extended use in very wet conditions the moisture does come through. But then I have never found a Gore-Tex boot that didn't leak if you subject it to wet conditions long enough (like walking for several hours in wet grass) and that includes Danner, Irish Setter and Rocky.

As I get older comfortable boots seem to be hard find for my aging feet. If the boot is comfortable and wears reasonably well that's mainly what I care about. As for being waterproof, that is secondary as I generally don't hunt that much in wet conditions. However, this year is an execption. When it gets that wet the only way to stay dry is with some rubber overshoes like Tingleys.

Irish Setters Upland with Gore-Tex on my feet...can't beat them.

Thanks everyone for the info! I went ahead and ordered a pair tonight Im getting them pretty cheap so I figure I will not be out much if they dont work out. Im pretty sure anything will be better than my boots now though!

Back