CZ woodcock over/under 12 gauge

Roy B

I just bought a CZ woodcock for pheasant and quail and whatever else and was just wondering if anyone else owns one of these or any CZ over/under and if so what their opinion and experiences have been as far as reliability ect......... I havent actually picked it up yet but its suppose to be in store on the 20th. Cant wait to get it and go shoot some clays before season starts here in Iowa!

The Woodcock is a great gun with basically the same features as the Redhead but just with a different received finish. I got a few CZ's and they work fine. That is the CZ 1012 in the pic below but I have SxS and O/U guns.

Attachments

• Josie  Rich Greensburg1.jpg
    Josie Rich Greensburg1.jpg
    855 KB · Views: 18
I too have a couple the woodcock 12/26 hardcased finish receiver and ring neck 20/26 erside by side I’m a browning lover but ended up with these two not bad quality for the money

I had a CZ over under for one season. Couldn't get rid of it quick enough. Both fit and finish were subpar. Hard safety and trigger. Poor fit for me. Spent a couple hundred extra bucks on a used 686 and I'd be happy with only ever shooting that gun. YMMV

I've had about 5 CZ some were good a couple not so good. I traded them in on a couple of Browning Citori's a CXS in 20 gauge,a Hunter Grade 1 in 12 gauge and a Franchi Affinity 3 in 20 gauge haven't looked back.

CZ O/U are really Huglu guns made in Turkey.

The Czech made CZ guns are awesome P-75 handgun and CZ centerfire rifles. Not sure that they make any shotguns in Czech Republic. I love the Czech guns but couldn't get myself to buy the Huglu. I think it's a good gun but I'd pop a few hundred more and get a Beretta. I think for the money the 686 Beretta is the best O/U made.

Last edited:
CZ O/U are really Huglu guns made in Turkey.

The Czech made CZ guns are awesome P-75 handgun and CZ centerfire rifles. Not sure that they make any shotguns in Czech Republic. I love the Czech guns but couldn't get myself to buy the Huglu. I think it's a good gun but I'd pop a few hundred more and get a Beretta. I thik for the money the 686 Beretta is the best O/U made.
Correct ...Huglu makes shotguns exclusively for CZ-USA under our new product development and QC controls. About 80% of the shotguns in the O/U and SxS categories under $1500.00 are Turkish made. Look closely at the Weatherby, Tristar, Rugar ...all made in Turkey. It about the relationship with the manufacture and we have been working with them for well over a decade. Heck my shotgun team just got back from there as we are doing our annual inspection of the facility and equipment they are using.

Thanks for the response's, I have picked it up and shot clays with it and shot very well, I have not hunted with it yet but expect to do well with it . It is heavier then I thought it would be but I think its going to be a keeper. It seems to be very well made and everything on it fits tight and for the money spent I think its a well made shotgun. The only thing I wish was different on it was the weight but its well balanced and points great.

Good luck with the new gun haven't had a chance to shoot one of the new ones all of mine were produced between 2005 and 2015 and I'm sure the quality has been greatly improved over the years. Only had two of them with some issues, the firing pins were subject to break and the top lever would snap back when I would break it open. Had a couple of them with the double triggers which was fine in warm weather but once I put gloves on had issues switching to the back trigger for the second shot. Guess my hands were just to big.

Back