Cz upland ultralight

Never seen or shot one but I own 2 cz's, 1 red head 20 and 1 ringneck 28 that I love. Great guns and wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

I had a woodcock deluxe and it was a nice gun. Straight shooter. It was accurate and I killed birds better with it then most guns I owned. But, it was a tank. It just got too heavy. Nice to see they went that direction. May be worth a go. Keep us informed if you get one. Now they need to put a little pazaz on the look of a lighter gun with the durability of the other models. I might just tote one around again.:thumbsup:

I have a 686 ultralight 12 gauge that tips the scale at 5 lbs 7 oz. It is a dream to carry and is the fastest-mounting gun I've ever handled. However, it kicks like a mule. Not a problem for hunting, but I like to practice on clays in the off-season, and anything more than a box is just not fun anymore. Other thing I've found is that I don't shoot well on crossing birds with it - I think it's too light to swing well. I changed to a 687 silver pigeon II for my pheasant gun (about a pound heavier) and I shoot much better with it for pheasant. I kept the ultralight for woodcock and grouse though, just for the speed of mounting it for snapping off a quick shot in the alders.

Back