CZ Redhead Deluxe - Keep or Trade?

PrairieTrekker

Howdy,

New user here - been visiting a few time this season, and decided it was time to register and post.

I had a great time at a local PF Banquet this weekend (great habitat organization). Providence smiled upon me and I won a CZ Redhead Deluxe 20ga. I never got the chance to pick up the gun and it's still at the gun shop.

So here's your chance to weigh in. I've been dreaming about a new Browning Cynergy Field Classic (20ga) or a Beretta 686 White Onyx (20 ga). I've heard good and bad about the CZ line.

What would you do? Keep it and shoot it? Trade it?

Advice is hereby solicited!

I have a Cynergy and love it.

I have had Browning O/U's for 25 years and never had one single issue with any of them.

I'm pretty sure you will find higher quality and reliability in the Browning or Beretta.

Not to say that you will have any issues with the CZ, depending on how many rounds you run through a gun each year. It may last you a life time.

If you think you can swing adding a few bucks and making a trade now. I would do it and get the gun you really want.

onpoint

I'm with Onpoint, Trade it. You will be happier with the gun you really want when all is said and done........Bob

I would trade it, I have had CZ's and they are an OK gun but if and only if the others fit you, you will like the ones you want better. If they do fit maybe you can get the full price he had it at on trade too. If you use it then the price drops. My problem was they were just too heavy after awhile. They shot nice.

A Browning will last several lifetimes. will always be worth good money if you should ever want to sell, and can be repaired by any gunsmith.

A CZ?

I have that gun in 12ga. For you folks to be giving advice while never owning, shouldering or firing one is crazy. Ive had zero problems with mine and also dont worry about carrying it afield. It ran me sub $700 dlvd and I forsee having it forever but Im not a gun snob.
Trade it in if you jones for a Browning but not because you think its an inferior weapon. I shoulder it,pull the trigger and it goes boom. God willing something falls from the sky from time to time. Lucky dog winning a gun!
Oh-and you'll probably look cooler while sitting at breakfast wearing the Browning Buck on your hat.

Last edited:
Back