Curious about KS private land

HUNTIN4FUN

I am currently deployed to Iraq but am stationed out of FT. Riley. I got there quite late in the year and didnt have much time to go door to door. I hunted a lot of public/wiha areas with marginal success. Just curious if anyone knows of some good places i.e. counties or parts of the state where it may be easier to gain access to private land. I am not a rude sportsman and I always pick up my shot shells and try to leave the place I hunt as good as I found it, with the less birds maybe occassionally. Any and all advise would be great thanks.

Hunting in Kansas

I have no private land to let you on, but Glen Elder Reservoir (AKA Waconda Lake) is a good public place to hunt. If you get there opening weekend you can hunt the food plots with good success. Later in the season the birds are easier to hunt down in the tough cover along the inlets. I have also heard good reports about, but never hunted, the public areas of Tuttle Creek Reservoir which is nearby Ft. Riley. Good luck and hope your deployment is safe.

KS private land

Britchaser thanks for the info unfortunatelly I will miss the first 2 weeks or so of the season, so the opening weekend bit wont be possible. I will however try it when I get back. Thanks for the info and good luck this season.

Back