crp acres accepted by state

That chart looks good. Too good, there must be some qualifier. I could see this with what is going on now, but these decisions were made before the s$%^ hit the fan. Are we really going to see that many more CRP acres?

I also have some doubt about the chart, it shows Iowa at 97%...I haven't heard of any new going into the program locally, but there may be counties that are mostly highly productive ground with limited pockets of marginal ground that would be the logical ground for the program, when paying from a percentage of the county average. The chart must not be what we think it is, has to be referring to something different, not the new crp general program....but I do hope the new sign-up was that successful.

I also have some doubt about the chart, it shows Iowa at 97%...I haven't heard of any new going into the program locally, but there may be counties that are mostly highly productive ground with limited pockets of marginal ground that would be the logical ground for the program, when paying from a percentage of the county average. The chart must not be what we think it is, has to be referring to something different, not the new crp general program....but I do hope the new sign-up was that successful.

That is straight off of FSA website, you can't get any better numbers. I am not sure what is so hard to believe? I tried telling some on here when signup was going on crp would get maxed out. I am not sure how much of this is new seeding and how much is renewal. My guess is most of it's renewal.

Only thing that I wonder about is it is giving you the number that is acceptable which could mean it fits the qualifications but doesn’t mean it was all accepted in to the program?? Just a thought.

It was accepted. One column shows accepted another shows what was offered. EBI Cutoff >= 210 the acres under this column will be under contract. The way it works is you submit an offer. You can do various things to make you offer more acceptable. If its accepted its a done deal. I am to tired to go look for links but there are several if you look talking about the total new acres enrolled.

I dont really know how to interpret the chart but - is it too soon to see an overall Net +/- of public access acres by state? New sign up is wonderful but if the bleeding of acres is elsewhere...well then..

Only thing that I wonder about is it is giving you the number that is acceptable which could mean it fits the qualifications but doesn’t mean it was all accepted in to the program?? Just a thought.

I’m thinking this might be the case. I would think that if it is “acceptable” it will be “accepted” however. Unless the cap is reached. I put an offer in for a few acres.

Acceptable = Eligible is how I read this. How many of those acres actually get enrolled, I suspect will be a subset. Regardless, a really good thing for wildlife.

Below is the link to Conservation Reserve Program Statistics.

The first link takes you to the CRP signup 54 (this is the same document as originally posted), which does show that Kansas has 436,120 acres accepted in 2020. That's the good news.

If you scroll down on the link about 3/4 the way down and click CRP Contract Expiration by State, 2016-2030, you will see that Kansas has 504,026 acres expiring in 2020. That's the bad news.

So: 436,120 (new acres) - 504,026 (expiring acres) = -67,906 acres of CRP lost in Kansas in 2020.

Back