crops?

Tfmdl

Hows the corn coming? leave to head up there on the 24th, the other thread got a little off base. thanks

I think it's coming out about as fast as they can get to it. Not sure what percentage is harvested but there won't be much left in a week or two. My brother-in-law said today what they were taking out was down to 13% moisture.

For the area south of Aberdeen, I heard from a lot of operations that they would have all the corn out by today or tomorrow. Beans were all gone and there was just 1 or 2 fields of sunflowers still up.

Corn just disappeared from when we pulled in on Friday before opener to when we left on Tue. It is very dry in the field and is mostly going right in to the bins with little to no time in the dryers so it was coming off the fields fast.

It is as bare as I have ever seen it at the end of an opening weekend.

I was from mitchell to pierre today and they are harvesting in full force. That said there is still a lot of standing corn especially the further west you go.

Between last night and today we have had a fair amount of rain across a large portion of SD. Here in Watertown we've had over an inch. This will surely slow down the harvest for a few days but the rain was much needed and will make for much better scenting conditions.

Drove quite a bit from the MN border to the Missouri river last week and it seemed that the harvest was slower as you went west. Eastern part of the state was a week or two ahead. Hunting was decent with lots of birds in the ditches and a few on the public areas.

We hunted around Piere over weekend and some crops off but spotty from farm to farm. Where we hunted about 20% were down. Hunting was good and birds seem plentiful even though they were hard to chase out of crop fields.

Back