Crispi Boots

Settled on a pair of Irish Setter Elk Trackers. Just was I was looking for, except maybe a bit more aggressive sole. Super comfy, 400g, "waterproof", minimal/no stitching on the toe. Will report further after I've had a chance to hunt in them. Glad I didn't have to buy Crispis. These right here.
View attachment 8789

Last edited:
Lotta people love the Pronghorns. I didn't. Got a "last years model" on clearance. Never very happy w/ the comfort. Stitching & water resistance gone after 3 seasons. Got some good work done on them for $20 or $30. Totally shot after 4. Back probably in about 1990 (maybe very late 80's) I bought a pair of Irish Setters. These right here (amazing what people put online).
View attachment 8799

Absolutely loved them. They'd been discontinued when I went to buy another pair. But....Red Wing was making basically the same boot for Browning. These:
View attachment 8800

So I bought a pair & loved them. Then they discontinued those, but I found 1 more pair on clearance & bought them. Happy for a lot of years with 3 pairs of basically the same thing.

Then 1 (maybe 2?) other pairs of Irish Setters (not thrilled) & the God-forsaken Pronghorns.

Feels so good to be back into a pair of boots that feel like I want them to feel & don't have any damn stitching on the toe.

I'm due for a new set of tires. Anyone have any experience w/ Crispi Wild Rock GTX boots? Or Crispi in general? Tried a pair at Scheel's & unfortunately I really liked them.

Looks like you settled on something else but I'll just share my experience with Crispis.

I have the Idaho GTX which are uninsulated. Pretty light too. Crispi's as are Kennetreks and other so-called mountain boots have a lot of ankle support. That is what I really needed as I have flat arches and It was very easy to roll an ankle on uneven terrain. If your not used to these types of boots they may seem stiff initially till you get used to them, however, they are a god send for ankle support. Expensive, but a high quality boot for sure and worth the money IMO.

Bought mine at Scheels about 4 years ago and holding up very well. One note, I normally wear a size 10 but in a Crispi I had to move up to a size 11.

Last edited:
I belong to a preserve so i hunt both wild birds and use the preserve from September thru march when weather permits. Id guess on average the boots see 20+ outings in a season. Then.. i will use them when pre-season conditioning the dogs as well. Keep'em clean, use a spray waterproofer on the fabric couple times a year and they'll last a long time.

They dont leak, but If i know im going to be in real wet or muddy conditions i use my rubber mud boots. Hope this helps.

Myself, I’m running the Crispi Summits, so far, a great boot. I have approximately 250ish miles on them this season. I can only compare them to my last pair of hunting boots, cabelas meindls, another solid boot. The summits are light and are waterproof to the ankle. I love the support they give. I hunt a variety of terrain, and they handle all of it very well.
They seem to be holding up well. If you hunt around you can find decent discounts on the crispi boots, I got two free pairs of wool socks and 20% off with a code I found on Rokslide. I can say, so far so good. Treat your feet good, get good boots.

Back