Crappie

-Wildcat-

Super Moderator
Anyone having luck with the crappie biting yet? I've already pulled a few out of the water with eggs in them. I wonder if it's going to be an early spawn year for these tasty little treats.

I was in a taxidermy shop the other day, and seen the biggest black crappie ever, hands down. Apparently the guy caught them all from a "local" quarry pond. I plan on visiting that pond shortly! :thumbsup:

The same way you catch a polar bear...you cut a hole in the ice, spread peas around the hole...and when he comes up to take a pea; you kick him in the ice hole....:p

The same way you catch a polar bear...you cut a hole in the ice, spread peas around the hole...and when he comes up to take a pea; you kick him in the ice hole....:p

You have been spending to much time around your students.

ice fishin my a$$$ i'm way to big to be crawlin around on some goddamn thin ice to fish or kick a polar bear in the ice hole LOL :D and come hell or the northp[ole i'm goin tukey huntin in the morning unless i wake up to 10 foot of snow

We still have ice on the lakes up here. I did a some Crappie ice fishing. Now waiting for ice out. Then will be out chasing slabs.:cheers:

Well boys.... I got the fever. Headed out to the Ozark River (some call it a lake) with a buddy to catch a buzz, and hopefully some fish! The lake temperature is a little cool yet, but from what I hear they're closing in on the banks fast. :D

We're using the excuse of needing to replace some corrugated roof on the dock as a reason to get down there. :thumbsup:

I am really hungry for a crappie feed. Yumm, yumm. And with limited lifting restrictions, about the only thing I could handle at the moment would be lifting that crappie off my plate.

Well boys.... I got the fever. Headed out to the Ozark River (some call it a lake) with a buddy to catch a buzz, and hopefully some fish! The lake temperature is a little cool yet, but from what I hear they're closing in on the banks fast. :D
QUOTE]

I have a day off next Friday to do a bit of crappie fishin' myself:cheers: I thought I should give 'em another week to come closer to the bank. I don't like :cheers: and driving the boat:eek:so I wait for 'em to get up in the coves.

So how do you guys pronounce them down there?

Up here it.s croooopee:):(
Down there is it:confused: Craapee?:)

It sucks with all rain I can't get on the lakes to do a little crappie fishing. :mad:

Caught about 20 the other day. All about 10- 10.75", one 12". Right at sundown and in the dark for about an hour. Fish'n in the dark is fun.

We ended up not doing too bad yesterday morning down at the lake. I think we ended up cleaning 23 of these bad boys. I can't wait to eat 'em! :D

226251_953952050451_17024101_44851697_1318051_n.jpg

217015_953951446661_17024101_44851683_515270_n.jpg

My buddy pulled out one of the nicest crappie I've seen in quite a while right around 7 a.m.

227669_953946346881_17024101_44851553_5301058_n.jpg

Needless to say, I can't wait to get back out there! All the females were loaded with eggs, but they were still quite firm. :cheers:

Oh, and we pronounce them crop-ee :D

HOLLY CRAPEE:eek: nice CATCH!!

Back