Couple Of Rooks County Points

These were from opening weekend. Did approximately the same Thanksgiving weekend. The little setter is 1 1/2 years old. Really pleased with her. :)

Makes up for all of the parts of my house she has chewed up.

(Not great with attachments we will see if this works)

Yep, the links to the :coolpics: worked. Congratulations! Continue building quail habitat on that land and you'll see more and more beautiful points like these:thumbsup:

How many birds did you end up with? Have you shot/seen any quail this season?

I think one of the first two is a hen and one was a rooster that ended up running some. She is an interesting dog. When its a "yes!" her tail is straight up. when its a "maybe" or a bird is running its down. This one is a "maybe"

She hunted last year at 8 mos old. We did not get into a lot of birds and although she loved it, she didn't really get the whole concept. Took her to a set bird place at 10 months and she got it. She is 100% natural as other than "here" and and a little "whoa" with a fishing pole and a wing she has had no formal training. Has tekoa mountain sunrise on both sides of the pedigree and I am sold. Got her from Jim Gourley in Beverly and he gets my highest recommendation.

She hunted last year at 8 mos old. We did not get into a lot of birds and although she loved it, she didn't really get the whole concept. Took her to a set bird place at 10 months and she got it. She is 100% natural as other than "here" and and a little "whoa" with a fishing pole and a wing she has had no formal training. Has tekoa mountain sunrise on both sides of the pedigree and I am sold. Got her from Jim Gourley in Beverly and he gets my highest recommendation.
I would like to second your recommendation of Jim Gourley. I sent one of my Setters to him three years ago because she was so independent that someone with my lack of experience and time would not be able to work with. She had the nose, the range and the drive that I was looking for in a dog but she was a solo act. After six weeks with Jim, she came back to me with the same drive but ready to work as a part of the team. She hunts with me and she hunts to the gun. Jim did a great job with her. Now she is the dog all my hunting buddies volunteer to take care of "if anything happens" to me.

I would like to second your recommendation of Jim Gourley. I sent one of my Setters to him three years ago because she was so independent that someone with my lack of experience and time would not be able to work with. She had the nose, the range and the drive that I was looking for in a dog but she was a solo act. After six weeks with Jim, she came back to me with the same drive but ready to work as a part of the team. She hunts with me and she hunts to the gun. Jim did a great job with her. Now she is the dog all my hunting buddies volunteer to take care of "if anything happens" to me.

:laugh: That's an odd way for your buddies to compliment your dog, but I guess it's still a pretty strong endorsement.:thumbsup:

:laugh: That's an odd way for your buddies to compliment your dog, but I guess it's still a pretty strong endorsement.:thumbsup:
It's dark humor I admit but my buddies are a couple of real oddballs so your assessment is accurate!

Back