Couldn't Resist!

waterdog09

Well on our way back from SD this past weekend we stopped at Scheels in Sioux Falls and low and behold they had the new Beretta A400 28ga Upland Magnum, well after about 2 minutes of holding it and pondering I pulled the trigger. It'll go nicely with my other A400 28ga and A400 20ga. Best part was it was on sale which was kind of a surprise as the gun was just released about a month ago. Now i'm just waiting for the ammo for it to show up which will be delivered Wednesday night.

Last edited:
Good luck. I hope it serves you well.

I have never used a 28 gauge, but have considered getting one if the right one comes along. I have a very nice L.C. Smith in 20Gauge that I love using for close flushing roosters. Rarely feel like a 12 gauge would have made much difference. I imagine a 28 might be even better.

Enjoy it. I have a Franchise 48 AL in 20 and 28 ga. the 28 gauge is my favorite shotgun. Dropped a lot of dove in Texas with it.

Congrats on the new purchase. Speaking of 28 ga. I was at a local gun shop recently and they had a 28 ga. Benelli Ethos. I haven't paid much attention to the Ethos guns but I sure thought that 28 was a sweet gun. They had a 20 ga. beside it and that was also sweet.

I saw in the American Rifleman, that Benelli was now making the SBE 3 in a 28 gauge....if there is any interest in a 3 shot auto sub-gauge.

Congrats on the new pea shooter, give us an updated once you've sent some rounds down range.
Will do, only difference in this new gun and my other 28ga A400 is the 3" chamber and the nickel receiver. I'm glad they finally came out a 3" so now I can shoot 3" bismuth #5's at 1 1/16 ounce loads. Can't wait!!

I can't remember exactly when I fell in love with the looks of the Beretta A400 xPlor and that bronze receiver. I do know it has been a couple of years. I am finally pulling the trigger. I have one locked down a private seller is getting rid of. It is brand new, never been fired. Picking it up tomorrow and can't wait to try it out. My 30 year old 870 express will be relegated to the bullpen.

I can't remember exactly when I fell in love with the looks of the Beretta A400 xPlor and that bronze receiver. I do know it has been a couple of years. I am finally pulling the trigger. I have one locked down a private seller is getting rid of. It is brand new, never been fired. Picking it up tomorrow and can't wait to try it out. My 30 year old 870 express will be relegated to the bullpen.
Not a bad upgrade! That express is almost indestructible, good bullpen gun!

Will do, only difference in this new gun and my other 28ga A400 is the 3" chamber and the nickel receiver. I'm glad they finally came out a 3" so now I can shoot 3" bismuth #5's at 1 1/16 ounce loads. Can't wait!!
when did they come out with a 3" 28 ga?

The 3 inch shell came about 6-8 years ago when Benelli paired with Fiochi.
There were guns chambered for three inch before that but no shells.

when did they come out with a 3" 28 ga?
Boss has had them for a while probably the last 2 years or so. Not sure about other shell companies. As far as beretta this is their first 3" 28ga. Benelli has had one out for a while in the ethos.

Coincidently, at the local put and take yesterday, a guy got out of the truck with a C.Z. bobwhite g2 . I mentioned that I had one and he showed his to me. 3" 28. We hadn't even hunted long enough to separate when his brit pointed. I told him to go ahead and he promptly kicked up two roosters witch he dumped easily. I was impressed.

Back