Cool

Lots of talk about "new technology" but not one word on what that is. They mention the tip like it was some break through. I was shooting Nosler Ballistic Tip bullets over 30 years ago. In the 40+ years I've been reloading, my impression is that Hornady has been at the tail end of the industry most of that time.

Last edited:
Lots of talk about "new technology" but not one word on what that is. They mention the tip like it was some break through. I was shooting Nosler Ballistic Tip bullets over 30 years ago. In the 40+ years I've been reloading, my impression is that Hornady has been at the tail end of the industry most of that time.

When I started reloading for my rifles in 1974 I use Sierra bullets in my .270 Win. The bullets would fragment on contact. I switched to Hornady a year or two later and never looked back. They provided excellent accuracy and deadly expansion and penetration. I've been a Hornady fan ever since. I did try some Nosler partition and ballistic tips, and while they performed okay I went back to Hornady.

Trust me. I am a Nosler fan, all I load right now other then Hndy hand gun. The data makes sense. Short range it may not show up. But if it is a real problem, my guess is any tipped bullet has a flaw including my fav nosler. Time will tell. But I do intend to buy a box to try. Gotta love more bonded choices. As a loader you do know that certain guns have a sweet spot for a certain bullet. If it punches paper better then mine, and blows stuff up like it looks like in the vid. I will certainly be stuffing my brass with some.
:cheers:

I wonder how long it will be before they offer them for us reloaders.. They seem to load them for their ammo and after a few years release them or offer them as a componet for reloaders... I am always willing to give new bullets a try!!!

I wonder how long it will be before they offer them for us reloaders.. They seem to load them for their ammo and after a few years release them or offer them as a componet for reloaders... I am always willing to give new bullets a try!!!

They are available now. I am sure in more weights and cal's coming. I was surprised the lightest 308 was 178 gr. 49 bucks for a box of 100. I will try out the ammo first.

I see they are running around 41 cents per round, but the are sold out at Midway USA.. They have a bunch of choices for the .308 over 200gr. I guess since they claim it is a long range bullet it makes sense to have the higher weights. Never seen 200, 208,212 and 220's from one company... Should be able to find one of those that finds the sweet spot!!:thumbsup:

Back