Coming home to good ole Kansas

HUNTIN4FUN

I am anxiously waiting my return from the sandbox back to good ole Kansas. Although I wont make it back for the opener I will be back the week following. Sorry to post a post for no particular reason but my excitement is too much to just keep in. A year and a half is too long to be here that is for sure. You guys take care and hopefully I will get a chance to do some nice bird hunting that is if you guys leave me anything. Lol.

First, thank you for your service. The flag is flying high and proud at my house, because of those that protect that freedom.

Where in Kansas are you from and where will you be hunting?

God Bless,

Maynard Reece

I am from the Ft. Riley area and will mostly be hunting around there since I dont know of many good places yet. I got to hunt the season of 06 partially and then I had to come out here so I haven't been too fortunate as to find other ground. I may try to venture north towards NE but I don't know if I will be able to find the time to put in to find spots up there. I usually stay around Milford and Tuttle with pretty good success. Thanks for the thanks and we do what we do for people like you. Take care and happy hunting.

I am from the Ft. Riley area and will mostly be hunting around there since I dont know of many good places yet. I got to hunt the season of 06 partially and then I had to come out here so I haven't been too fortunate as to find other ground. I may try to venture north towards NE but I don't know if I will be able to find the time to put in to find spots up there. I usually stay around Milford and Tuttle with pretty good success. Thanks for the thanks and we do what we do for people like you. Take care and happy hunting.

Stay safe and welcome home soon! Milford Reservoir has public hunting which I have heard is pretty good. North and West from Ft. Riley are Kansas's premium pheasant areas. Download a walk-in hunting atlas from KDWP's website and you will see the tens of thousands of acres of private land that you can hunt on in addition to the federal and state public hunting land. Have a great season.

Last edited:
Stay safe and welcome home soon! Milford Reservoir has public hunting which I have heard is pretty good. North and West from Ft. Riley are Kansas's premium pheasant areas. Download a walk-in hunting atlas from KDWP's website and you will see the tens of thousands of acres of private land that yo can hunt on in addition to the federal and state public hunting land. Have a great season.

I just checked the KDWP forecast online, and the northeast section of SW Kansas -- region 3 -- is supposed to be very good this year too.

Last edited:
Back