Colorado Hunt

hayduke

I have a couple of observations from my hunt. I am sure there are those that will set me straight if I wonder too far off the mark.

1) Does anyone else have the problem of watching their dog work and looking for a flush and stepping into a jack rabbit hole and falling completely on their face ( three times) Only thing worst is a badger hole in SD.

2) The walk-in maps where great and the plots really where pretty nice. It would be nicer if there where a few more road letters on the maps. Better yet if DOW could put them on a file to down load to a GPS like SD that would be great. The best spot I hunted was in between two walk ins and I did realize I wasn't on the Walk in property, didn't mean to trespass, but signage wasn't clear and the birds where flushing, may not have been totally thinking right. I do like that Colorado shows what crops or habitat is on the plot, for that they have SD beat.

Saw a lot of birds many many hens which doesn't surprise me this time of year, if I lived in Denver metro I'd be out every weekend. All in all I think Colorado DOW did a great job and a big thanks to all the farmers that where kind enough to enrolled their plots in the walk in program.
Thanks
Duke

1) Does anyone else have the problem of watching their dog work and looking for a flush and stepping into a jack rabbit hole and falling completely on their face ( three times) Only thing worst is a badger hole in SD.

HAHA I think I fall or come close to falling every time out. I know I watched a few of my buddies fall flat on their face lol. Yes I watch my dogs cause they know where the birds are :thumbsup:.

I stepped in a hole on one of my pheasant hunting outings this year ... my hip was sore for three days. Most of the eople at work just don't understand. :laugh:

:10sign:

Bingo! It is amazing isn't it?

I had a really good day of hunting on a preserve at the beginning of November. Someone asked me about having such a good day, I jokingly said "I just started following Dakota because all of the birds we found were always right there in front of him. ;)

Yes I watch my dogs cause they know where the birds are :thumbsup:.

I have a couple of observations from my hunt. I am sure there are those that will set me straight if I wonder too far off the mark.

LOL:10sign: You can consider some of those I saw caves.

Happens now and again - to the dogs as well...

What really hurts, is watching your GSP as she quarters at a high speed in front of you... Last year Cassidy hit a hole, rolled and tumbled in front of me.. She was done for the majority of the season... She tweaked her rear hip..

Back