Colorado hunt

Somebeach

It's been four years since I have been back hunting anything around there. I heard the numbers were good so I called an old friend englishpointerman and he was kind enough to take us out for a day on our way out to Kansas. WOW. I have seen bird numbers in other states but most of them were birds that left early and there were few shots, just the opposite happened out there. I had a blast and the two friends I went with were blown away also. We had an awesome day and saw a lot of birds, it's hard to even estimate the numbers we saw. We went to Kansas for two days and then up to Nebraska for a day and got into birds but decided to cut our kansas/Nebraska trip short and head back to Colorado and hunt with englishpointeman again because it was that good. Thanks to epman for taking us out and creating memories like that and anytime you wanna come out and go after chukars, huns and quail, we owe you big time.

You somebeach, you folks must be some awful good people if you got a personal invite & "tour" from epm...Hope his PM box doesn't light up like a Christmas tree with spin-off requests from this post! :D

But congrats!!! And yeah, this is a "bang-up" year for CO pheasant hunting! Now if the good Lord will just bless us with the conditions to keep it going! :cheers:

We're not all that good of people, in fact we're a rough bunch to be around. I've known epm for a long time. I think we met 8 or 9 years ago. All I was saying is I know he is very busy this time of year with farming and we really appreciated him taking the time to hunt with an old friend and hopefully he can make it out this way and we can try and repay him with some chukar hunting. Good times though for sure.

Somebeach please take no offense, I wasn't being serious at all - just playing around & tryin to make a little funny with your forum handle! ;) I don't even know epm personally, other than on this forum (but I can tell from his overall posts that he dang-sure knows his stuff when it comes to rooster-chasin)!

All that really matters to us all is that you are 100% correct & yep, it is a very good year on the CO pheasant scene!!! Happy hunting to all!!! :10sign:

I would love to come back. I felt like a mesquito at a nudist colony, never seen birds like that, didn't know where to start.

Back