Collar Tags, luck, and a kind soul

carpfisher

Unbelieveably lucky tonight. I was running Sam as usual in the local area. City has a running trail and there is a nice grass field next to it that is our latest free dog park. He was ranging a little far so I whistled/buzzed him in. He was coming back and disappeared in a fold in the ground and that was the last I saw of him. 2.5 hrs and 5 miles later, a gem of a good Ole' Boy called me. Sam had crossed a 4 lane unseen by me and made it quite a way south. I wasn't even in the same county. I couldn't thank this Farm boy enough. Dog was full of cockle burrs and pretty dusty but he is home. We talk about chips but in the country, I think a collar tag is the ticket. Somewhat my fault as I let get out too far and he knows better. But, kids and dogs are always pushing the limits!

I posted this website on a different thread (Lost/found dog in the SD forum)
I am sending them a big thank you tomorrow. I'm glad I have these tags on all my dogs and nobody goes out without a name tag collar on. and nobody get more 20yards away!!!

http://www.tagsforpets.com/page/7050pc/CTGY/BRASSPETTAGS

Glad you got him back safe and sound.
Gundog supply has them pretty cheap too.

I have decided that I am always going to put my Garmin on my two when I let them run free. They are pricey but if it is something that the budget can stand it is a good tool.

SetterNUt,
I have had the same thought. Birthday is just around the corner.

I used to live in Manhattan (and Ft Riley). Birds any good on Riley still? I don't think I ever got skunked out there back in 90ish. Pez, Quail, and Chickens! I still have my old Food Plot map from when the Post used to do that!
Good looking setter in your Avatar!

boomerangtags.com. Nice collar with a metal name plate. "Obie, my name, my phone number" ... hope I don't have to rely on a collar to get my pup back when/if he gets lost!

Back