Close of the season, new opportunities ahead!

oldandnew

I said this on the Missouri forum as well. Good time to run the dogs, make contact with additional land owners, secure permission, a good time to do it! Farmers are home, in the "hot stove" league. Plan some habitat improvements, raise funds for habitat, Pheasants and or Quail Forever, fund raisers, recruit more young members. I am thankful we have the season we had, but determined we will have better season every year after. Can't be a 3 months a year upland devotee! It's a yearlong effort, besides if we can't hunt, at least seeing birds, dogs at point, and lying about last year, and your shooting, are best alternatives!

Well said O&N. Basically, the end of the season is only the beginning of the next. You listed a number of "can and must do's". It's a year-round journey:).

Very well put O&N I could not agree more with you. More people need to get in to giving back. There are many ways to to this, but sitting on your butt is not one of them. :cheers:

O&N
I agree with that thought, but season is still open here. One of the better ones in 7-8 years.:)

O&N
You got it right--I've already ordered additional seed and planning the food plots and some new nesting cover-gonna be a fun year.:)

My interest in Pheasants and habitat certainly doesn't slow down when the guns are put away. Glad I'm not alone.
I'm ready to talk habitat and birds anytime. :cheers:

I go on an annual Rooster Road Trip. Late April when the weather is nice Roosters crowing and visible. This Year I'll angle across ND to the far NW, enter MT and continue to Central and out the SE into SW ND. Cut down in SD. From there I'll see how much time I have. I do tend to doddle here and there and run out of time on these trips :confused:

Back