Clinton or hillsdale??

RoosterBuck

I will be going out with my young pointer the weekend after xmas and would love to get him on some quail and not have to drive 100+ miles from the kc area. any help would be much appreciated! I was at hillsdale dove hunting and kicked up a covey but i been down there twice since season opened and cant findem. i guess the deer hunters moved them out. I know that area gets hit hard during deer season..
Again, any help would be greatly appreciated! I might even let the person that helps me the most in on some of my honey holes out west!!!!

heck with those spots lets just go west ,man those birds at hills dale are smart that covey you kicked up should be close to the food pm me

Hold on Only a Pointer, I'm in as well........If that covey is on the west side of the lake by the new pond that sucks, it was a covey with like 30 or more birds in it...

if they are right by that pond i cant find that bunch ive heard them whistling but cant find them theres a couple other coveys straight west as well where my dog is still locked up

LOL, they were towards the creek bottom/tree row towards the North West, About 55 yards north of the parking spot, on the south side of the trees. We were walking back and kicked them up, they were real spooky then also...I'll go and get your dog tomorrow.....:D

They were NW of the standing corn/silage stocks on the Northern most end. They were on the very North end...:thumbsup:

If you do not want to travel to far from city to have a chance of kicking up some birds I would head to Valley Falls. There are birds there,but this time of year you will have to hunt for them...You may even have a chance at a rooster or two..:cheers:

Any luck at Hillsdale? I'm going to try tomorrow afternoon. There's some creek bottom on by Waverly and 215th (I think). I've hunted the east/south side of creek and going to try the other side tomorrow.

me and the pup hunted/walked the west side of the waterfowl refuge. heard some shooting. kicked up one single that flew into timber...i let him go.

there were tons of deer tracks out there...

Any luck at Hillsdale? I'm going to try tomorrow afternoon. There's some creek bottom on by Waverly and 215th (I think). I've hunted the east/south side of creek and going to try the other side tomorrow.

btw -- went out to this spot and the corn is still in so we didn't walk it. i'm going to keep an eye on it and hit it once they get it out.

The covey that I saw was south of there. When I get home I'll get out my GPS unit and find the exact area and let you guys know via PM.

Suggestion, hunt N.W. and S.W of Howard in Elk county. Those WIHA's had good bird numbers as of the 14th. Only wish I had my shotgun.:10sign:

Back