Climbing high, hunting low

I did get out and put a couple of pheasants in the bag in 2011, got some grouse and quail and a few doves, but didnt get out and hunt as much because my business been keeping me "off the ground" lately.

Last year was really good, got out a lot, put a lot of upland game in the freezer.

I still have to the end of Jan. for mountain and valley quail, but then, have a couple of big jobs coming up as well....oh well, mabey next year...lol

So whats been keeping you from the fields???

IMG_1475.jpg

IMG_1476.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

In this pic I was hired to cut some tree's at the coast in Mendiceno CA

IMG_1537.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing:D, but if we don't get some rain (and snow) pretty soon the low bird #s will be keeping the fair weather hunters out of the fields next season.

I might come up to Spenceville this weekend to watch the spaniel hunt test and look for some quail of my own.

we bought a house and move late Oct. That has pretty much eaten up all our time this fall/winter. other than that, it's been work. definitely did NOT get out like I had hoped this year. it'll have to be next year. hoping for one more quail day before month's end, but that just may be a pipe dream.

C_d, spenville wa (where the hunt test is held) has good quail hunting I understand and Orville wa (about 30 miles north) holds a lot of quail also. Just an idea.:cheers:

Nothing:D, but if we don't get some rain (and snow) pretty soon the low bird #s will be keeping the fair weather hunters out of the fields next season.

I might come up to Spenceville this weekend to watch the spaniel hunt test and look for some quail of my own.

QH, man we do need rain bad here!!!

Call me and let me know if you going to spenceville, a big job got cancelled, so I might be free this weekend for spence, I know were the birds are..:thumbsup:

C_d, spenville wa (where the hunt test is held) has good quail hunting I understand and Orville wa (about 30 miles north) holds a lot of quail also. Just an idea.:cheers:

uggg! no time. we've got just enough time to do the HT on Friday, and head home after. Just toooo many things scheduled this weekend.

Back