Checking the dogs' eyes?

Rogue Hunter

Seems I need to check my dogs' eyes at the end of each day as she always seems to have seeds or other junk in them. Is checking your dogs' eyes a part of your routine.

Every time out. Young Bert in his early days had a tendency to gather weed seeds and plant debris in his lower eyelids--only once had to have them removed by a vet. They were about 3/4s of an inch in length. Scared me seeing them come out.

As he aged, he was less inclined to go straight through tough underbrush.

Seems I need to check my dogs' eyes at the end of each day as she always seems to have seeds or other junk in them. Is checking your dogs' eyes a part of your routine.
I always carry saline solution In my kit to flush out eyes at end of day if necessary after checking—

Absolutely, as is checking their noses and feet. Actually, I check each dog every time we take a break in the field. Only takes a few moments and a foxtail jammed in their nose or between the toes is bad ju-ju...

Back