Cheap Birds

winchester21

Hey guys- So I'm already growing impatient with the prospect of waiting an entire 8 more months for season to start and I really want to get the pup back on some birds but everywhere I call has ridiculous bird prices like $21 for a damn chukar. I don't belong to a club and I don't have much money. $10 a bird is stretching it for me right now. Anyone have any ideas? I may have to start trapping pigeons by the I-25 underpass if something doesn't work out soon. ;)

Hey Wilson,
Will your quail fly decent enough? Where ya located? If you're close enough I'm interested in picking up a few from you.
Thanks,
Bridger

i have a few small quail for $4 each

I'm assuming those are pen raised? How many do you have wilson? I'm looking for some bobwhite quail for taxidermy purposes. PM me when you get a chance:)

quail

to early for bob's , these quail would be good, hide and seek birds.
I use them for the litter of setter pups i have for sale.

1pheas4 ,i mit have some good wild quail in the frez i'l look
wilson
taxidermy@aol.com

1pheas4 ,i mit have some good wild quail in the frez i'l look
wilson
taxidermy@aol.com

Do you raise quail? If so I'll talk with you later in the year and buy a few off you once they're matured.

As you may know I can't buy wild birds, so if that's what you have in the freezer I'm out of luck.:(

Keep in touch:) --1pheas4

Hey guys- So I'm already growing impatient with the prospect of waiting an entire 8 more months for season to start and I really want to get the pup back on some birds but everywhere I call has ridiculous bird prices like $21 for a damn chukar. I don't belong to a club and I don't have much money. $10 a bird is stretching it for me right now. Anyone have any ideas? I may have to start trapping pigeons by the I-25 underpass if something doesn't work out soon. ;)

Trying to buy some chukar, I will let you know price. Last year was 6 bucks. :cheers:

I get $7 chukars from Steve Secor at Field Trial Game Birds up near Wellington. (970) 568-3326 or (970) 219 7223. Steve is a real nice guy and he usually has birds.
They are only a mile from Cobb Lake SWA. You can get a permit from CDOW to release and shoot game birds at Cobb Lake SWA for dog training for $20.
It's a perfect place to get birds and then release and train just down the road.
For info on the CDOW bird release permit for Cobb lake call Megan Barton at CDOW (303) 291-7246. The permit is valid at Cobb Lake and Banner Lakes SWAs for bird releases.

I get $7 chukars from Steve Secor at Field Trial Game Birds up near Wellington. (970) 568-3326 or (970) 219 7223. Steve is a real nice guy and he usually has birds.
They are only a mile from Cobb Lake SWA. You can get a permit from CDOW to release and shoot game birds at Cobb Lake SWA for dog training for $20.
It's a perfect place to get birds and then release and train just down the road.
For info on the CDOW bird release permit for Cobb lake call Megan Barton at CDOW (303) 291-7246. The permit is valid at Cobb Lake and Banner Lakes SWAs for bird releases.

Steve bought 500 chuckars from another place for us trainers as his next bunch wont be ready until may 1st, these birds are 9 bucks each until the other bunch is ready.

Steve bought 500 chuckars from another place for us trainers as his next bunch wont be ready until may 1st, these birds are 9 bucks each until the other bunch is ready.

Thanks for the info Kevin, I think I met you there today as I was buying a few!!! Thought it might be you!!! I like your rig setup!!:thumbsup:

Thanks for the info Kevin, I think I met you there today as I was buying a few!!! Thought it might be you!!! I like your rig setup!!:thumbsup:

All Right finally got to meet somebody on here!!:cheers:

Did you get ahold of Gary?

Back