Chamberlain area

GOSKERS

Heading to the Chamberlain area from St. Louis next Saturday to do some pheasant hunting. Just wanted to check to see how thing look in that area! Is there still lots of crops in the field or have most of them been taken out? Heading out with my dad and my buddy who’s retiring from the military this coming winter! Any information would be greatly appreciated!

I hunted Chamberlain area on opening day. Many crops were still in then, obviously due to the wet conditions. Haven't been back since, but most crops out here near Sioux Falls are getting taken out now, so I imagine it is the same near Chamberlain. Sorry, I know that isn't much help. Hope you have a great hunt!

Any info is great thank you for the update. A bad year in SD is still better then any year in any other state

Any info is great thank you for the update. A bad year in SD is still better then any year in any other state

Just finished hunting Chamberlain area. Plenty of birds. Lots of corn standing, but birds are there. Hunted ditches and smoked their ass with the help of our GSP's.

The weekend of Nov 1 we were in The Chamberlain area. There were definitely birds, but even more hunters. It was tough to find any real estate that didn’t have hunters everywhere.

The corn was maybe 20% picked but they were picking all over.

Thanks for the info. I’m hoping by Sunday a lot of the corn is out. Mostly going to be road hunting and hopefully stumble across some CRP. We will be out there with 2 GSPs. One of them will be her first full year. Last year she got caught in a barb wore on the first day so. We are considering this still her rookie year. Hoping for some good luck lots of birds and good weather.
Thanks for the info

Still up here will return back home on Friday. So far 3 man limit all 3 days. It’s tough work lots of miles but if you can shot straight and willing to put the work in you can get them.

All public. Mostly just road hunting. Still lots of crops out there and lots of ditches with water. But we’ve been getting birds out of the water. If the ditch looks OK with water we’ve gotten birds out of them. We literally got 5 roosters out of an area that was no bigger than the size of a truck bed. Never saw a single one sitting in it.

Well a great few days of hunting in the great state of S.D.! We limited out ever day for all 3 of us. We hunted all public and roads. We put a lot of miles on but it was well worth it. My GSP did pretty good for the most part especially since she only gets out once a year. There are still a lot of crops in the field and water in the ditches. So if you go I there be prepared to get your feet wet!

Back