Chamberlain area lodging

Anyone have any recommendations for a motel in the Chamberlain area that is dog friendly? Or know of a house/apartment available that I could rent. Myself and 2 buddies are working on a trip. We prefer the Motel rather than hotel. It is easier with the dogs and gear.

Dakota Winds Motel in Kimball SD, its only 20 minutes from Chamberlain and way better hunting in that area. A local couple owns it and are very nice people we stay there a couple times a season, dog friendly also.

We generally do 1 trip a year where we base out of Chamberlain but hunt about a 50-100 mile radius of Chamberlain, mix of private and public. Allen's Hillside is definitely where I'd recommend. We have stayed there many times and they cater to the outdoors - hunting & fishing groups. You don't have to use their guide service to stay at the motel. It is a motel, you get what you pay for - which is plenty of amenities for a guys hunting trip. 2-3 beds per room, hot and cold water, shower, sink, toilet, TV, dog friendly, parking right outside your door, bird/fish cleaning shack. Head to the lobby for some morning and evening BS with the other hunters. Friendly place.

Dakota Winds Motel in Kimball SD, its only 20 minutes from Chamberlain and way better hunting in that area. A local couple owns it and are very nice people we stay there a couple times a season, dog friendly also.

This is so very true. We stayed at Dakota Winds last year. Our first evening there we got our limit road hunting!

Back