Cattlemen

MOO!!!

150 heads. 4 simmental bulls, bout 500-600 acres of pastures. bout 1,200 acres of land/crops.

my favorite toys...:

6055_1138456258888_1151829572_30483.jpg

6295_1135895194863_1151829572_30476.jpg

S6300486.jpg

46789oytr.jpg

Thats some pretty nice equipment:coolpics: Do you do custom work around there. Sprayer seems out of place for 1200 acres operation. But you guys raise different crops then we do. Just curious please don't get offended for asking. My next tractor will probably be a 79 series. How do you like it.

Thats some pretty nice equipment:coolpics: Do you do custom work around there. Sprayer seems out of place for 1200 acres operation. But you guys raise different crops then we do. Just curious please don't get offended for asking. My next tractor will probably be a 79 series. How do you like it.

That tractor is a 7920. I love it. But im a New Holland guy when it comes to haying.

well we have to spray all the CRPs, crops and sometimes the pastures bc theres too wide of an area to cover with ATV. Like i mentioned a few times, we dont farm no more and yet we still have equipments.. The farm that does our crops now dont have a sprayer so we use it to spray their crops for them and we get our crop share from them for rent, sprayer and crop share.

My dad is in the spraying business too... so that goes too if he needs it, otherwise he does mostly spot spraying.

the farm that does the farming has other land around here too so we do their spraying which if totalling around 3,000-4,000 acres just for them.

You wonder how i fit all this with my job and farm.. believe me, im a non stop working guy. I work 12 hour shifts for LE job, when summer comes, its 8 hours plus spraying and other things. not every week i have to spray... just before plant, at middle stage and at pre harvest stage. i can get all those crop fields done in a 2 week period and at that time, haying and spraying, i take a 2 week vacation from this. I get eveything done in those two weeks. we do have three balers. believe it or not, our Vermeer 605 baler still works.. but we bought another new holland 660 baler. two years ago. I have pics of it, but i dont have it on my photobucket to post on here.

johnandcasetractor1.jpg

we have now one 664, and two 660s and one vermeer 605G thats collecting dust. If you look closely to that yellow baler.. the door is open.. reason is that, when it gets really dry... it plugs up. when it got moisture, it works fine, but we cant have moisture.

another reason why we got rid of it.

Birdman, how do you guys like the stripper head? What do you all use it on?

mostly for wheat. it does a damn good job.... however, it depends on if we want straw or not.. if we do want straw, we use the straight head.

damn expensive. we hardly use it anymore though because we do need the straw.

I call it herd #1 and herd #2. Herd #1 goes back about 35 years just after I bought my first acreage. Fenced property so I needed cows. Worked the herd up to about 50 cows and sold 5 years later. Money from the sale bought more land and my first spec home. Then got very busy in the building business until a few years ago. I'm almost 60 now and doing just what I want, making wildlife habitat and herd #2, and spending the Fall on hunting trips. I have accumulated 980 acres for my operation and running 120 cows. The only farming I do is raise feed to Winter the cattle.

Some ranch pics.

P1010154-1.jpg

P1010012-2.jpg

P1010014-1.jpg

P1010037-1.jpg

cattle10033.jpg

P1010013-4.jpg

Couple more to show off my machinery.:cheers:

P1010078-2.jpg

Some native grassland.
P1010092.jpg

P1010070.jpg

And plantations.
P1010073-3.jpg

very :coolpics: guys. Whats that wild black beast in some of them pictures? Looks like some pretty good wildlife areas you got going. Sounds like you've figured life out:)

Hey thanks coot I have to admit:( could have a much better cattle help.
the black guy is worthless around cattle. can't see any sense in em.:rolleyes:

This is the stuff he likes,:cheers:

P1010253.jpg

P1010235.jpg

p10101932.jpg

Coot, the hunting pics are on my friends place in MT.

I'm glad I looked back a few pages here. I don't raise a herd of cattle anymore. I do raise two steers for my own use. My cattle buddies love having me around to help them they tell me how much I miss it and I should stop over today and help. Which I do miss it but it's a lot eaiser to help other's and walk away. You guys have way bigger ranches then I ever did my hats off to you guys it not easy work but it sure is worth it.
I do have a couple pics of my old animals
IMG_0428.jpg
[/
IMG_0431.jpg
IMG]

Them some serious horns. I need to put some like that on my UTV cows would treat me a little nicer at feeding time maybe. Getting kinda muddy around here. Am afraid its only going to get worse though lots of snow to melt. Feel free to come and feed and work my cattle anytime:D Do you miss having cattle in the mud season.:coolpics::coolpics:

Captioncoot
Like I said it's way easier to help out and walk away. I would love to move to Iowa and care for you cattle in trade for some hunting. Promblem is I have to work to pay bills in MN takes all the fun out of things up here. Thanks for the compliments on the cattle.:cheers: good luck with the mud we have plenty of it here also.

Back