California

woow see guys were not all libies in California! lol jk jk....im in the bay area too! be nice to get a hunt going!

California hunters unite. Hey coastie I here this will be a good year for pheasants in the suisin marsh.

I'm sure im not the only California hunter in here..it would be nice to see a California region :)

I'm a little late, but here's the forum as requested. I had a California forum setup, but only had it accessible via search engines and on another place on the Ultimate Pheasant Hunting website.

Here's another CA pheasant hunter.....I have a decent dog, shoot OK, and have plenty of time to hunt. The only thing missing are pheasants to shoot at in this state!

So far this season I have dropped a nice one, missed another, and jumped 5 hens or so. Last season got 3 wild birds and 7 the year before. It was bad and is getting worse.

Glad to be part of the forum.

Welcome Weatherby, good to have you here and:coolpics: Do you mind me asking what part of the state your from and which nwr and Wa you hunt? Our pheasant hunting may not be the best but we make up for it with quail.

Here is a pic of my pup with a few opening morning quail.

IMAG0108.jpg

I think that dog is actually smiling!

I am from San Joaquin county, and thanks for the warm welcome.

I agree the quail hunting in California is second to none. I chase quail as well and do very well on CA quail and every once in awhile some mountain quail. I just wish there were a few more pheasant.

Headed to Los Banos WA this week to chase pheasant. I haven't ever been there so I will see what I can find. My Golden/Flatcoat cross will at least get a good workout.

Cool I hunt LB as much as I can, I going to try Wednesday if it isn't raining too much. I'll be out there on Sunday also. Parking lot 11 &1 have the best upland areas I think and remember to bring your rubber boots. I have seen more birds (hens &roosters) on the salt slough this year than LB so if you get a chance try there also out of parking lot B. Good luck and if you scratch any down add some pics to the public land birds thread.

Cool I hunt LB as much as I can, I going to try Wednesday if it isn't raining too much. I'll be out there on Sunday also. Parking lot 11 &1 have the best upland areas I think and remember to bring your rubber boots. I have seen more birds (hens &roosters) on the salt slough this year than LB so if you get a chance try there also out of parking lot B. Good luck and if you scratch any down add some pics to the public land birds thread.

Thanks for the info. I checked the map and thought I'd try parking lot 11. Looks like Northeast of lot 11 is the place to go, all I have to go on is Google Earth. I am headed out rain or shine.

This is really cool, Thanks for allowing me on your site and a chance to talk to people with like minds. I really want to get this foot surgery done to get back out and hunt again !

Thank you for joining TS. We need more and more serious upland hunters in California to get involved and this is a perfect place for us to find each other and talk about the goods and bad of hunting here and what we can do to help. I wish you a speedy recovery after your surgery so you can get back to doing the things you love.:cheers:

Back