California Forum Newb - Midwest Transplant

I was going to be clever and observant about the Mod. 37 but ditchparrot19 beat me to it. In 20 ga. those are the chukar hunters "go to" gun where you can hunt w/o a plug in the adjacent states for upland birds. With one of those you have a light gun with 6 rounds that you can hump up a mountain and shoot a limit w/o reloading from one covey rise. The chukar hunter's dream.

That is a dream. Anyone who could run 6 for 6 on a chukar covey rise is my hero!

That is a dream. Anyone who could run 6 for 6 on a chukar covey rise is my hero!

The guys who hunt chukars a lot do that. I've yet to meet a guy who hunts chukars a lot who hasn't done it at least once and sometimes many times in their hunting lives. If you ever get into good chukar hunting you'll see how it's possible. Easier with pointers. Much harder with your springers but still possible.

I see how it could be possible, I've gone 4 for 4 on a quail covey rise with my SxS once, it still seems like a dream though. I think I've shot a total of four shells at wild chukar in my hunting carrer. :D

I've gone 4 for 4 on a quail covey rise with my SxS once,
What makes it special is not having to reload and just filling the air with shot and floating feathers. I tried doing that by taking the plug out of the 1100 12 ga. I used early on Chukar hunting. I filled it with shells and lugged that hog up to the top of a knob in Nevada and got into a covey. I was out of breath, my glasses were fogged up so I couldn't see but I shot 5 times anyway. Never came close to a bird I'm sure. I put the plug back in and went shopping for a 20 ga. O/U and never thought about a hat trick again.

Back