Brrrrrr...Cold but good day!

JMc

Super Moderator
Hunted today in Spearman, TX ... Brrrrrrrr; it was cold. 19 degrees by noon with spitting ice. Ended the day with several birds but it was work. All birds in corners of thick grass plus it was the last weekend and they were quick to bolt. Tomorrow is final day but I may just sit in front of a warm fire and watch football; or not.

Good job on the birds!

I passed through your area this week on my way to Meredith to see if I could find any quail. Was out there right as it started to snow. Saw plenty of birds and got a few. I guess they were taking shelter in the heavier cover of the canyon.

BTW, nice police cruisers you guys have:D

Brrrrrrrr; it was cold. 19 degrees by noon with spitting ice. Ended the day with several birds but it was work.

Sounds like a good way to help close up the season but I do not think you will get much sympathy at 19 degrees. Seems like a heat wave to me.

Hunted in -2 degree, -14 wind chill today. Finally got my first bird of the season...and should've had a second.

Speaking of hunting in the cold, has there been any talk on layering or clothing choices when hunting in inclement weather?

Back