Browning Superposed

elijah79

Here's a million dollar question for anyone that knows much of anything about older shotguns:
I'm looking at buying back my Dad's old Browning Superposed .12 Gauge that he bought when he was in Germany back in the 70's. He traded it to a family friend for a Sako .338. Suffice it to say the family friend still has it and I want it.
Can anyone make a recommendation on non-toxic shot that I could use in it since it won't handle steel and I can't use lead on the Federal Waterfowl Production Areas when I'm hunting Upland Birds there??
Either way, whether a good nontoxic shot can be found or not I'll most likely end up buying this shotgun back just to keep it in the family! When it comes to the public, non-federal areas I can use lead but what about the federal areas? Any ideas??

Kent Tungsten Matrix, better then the Hevi-shot Classic Doubles load or the Bismuth. None are cheap, they all are like $2,50 per shell to $3.00 per shell pretty much for 2.75" 12ga.

I have had several Superposed. I have a beautiful 20ga now. Very fine guns that are made with some real craftsmanship. John Browning's last design.

Good luck to you in getting your fathers gun back

Onpoint, I wanted to thank you for the insight on the Kent Tungsten Matrix ammunition. After reading your message I called them up and spend about 10-15 minutes on the phone with a woman who answered every single one of my questions and then some!! She was very knowledgeable and recommended a couple different loads that will work in the Superposed. I'm looking to buy a case of one particular load she mentioned within the next week, to have it on hand when I go shooting!
I can't wait to get the shotgun so I can enjoy some nice field-time with it. Ever since I was a young child, I always dreamed of shooting birds with that old shotgun of my Dads. I can't wait to have it in my hands again!

Back