Brittany pup / started dog

KSBrittman

Looking for an American Brittany from good bloodlines . Looking for a mid -sized female . I want a dog with lines that have considerable drive and style and very biddable . Also a line of dogs that are none for following foot scent / tracking capabilities .

I would consider a dog from shoot to retrieve champions .

I am in the Northeast Kansas and would consider travel to Oklahoma Missouri , Nebraska , Iowa

I had one of dogs from Lobo's conton candy and Ks Renegade kid " a real fine dog !!!

My Brittany has Lobo's Cotton Candy and Kansas Renegade Kid in her pedigree also as well as a heavy dose of Bean's Blaze and a number of other FC's and NFC's.

I have owned & raised & hunted behind 5 Brittanys over the past 35 years or so and my brother another 4. All dogs have been absolutely solid hunting both upland (field and woods) and waterfowl. Will send you a PM.

Yeah! for sure go with Dakotazeb on this one.:thumbsup:

Started Brittany Found

Many , many Thanks to all who responded !!!! Thanks for helping a guy in need . I have found a started dog in Clay Center Kansas .

I had checked out all the links you all have sent me and was getting ready to start phoning them , we a call was returned to me by a breeder in Clay Center that I am familiar with and actucally one of my top performers are out of .

My current crew is 9 ,11 and 11 and I will save the info for when I will likely bring another dog along in 3 years or so .

Again thanks for being so helpful !!!

KS Brittman

Started Brittany Found

Many , many Thanks to all who responded !!!! Thanks for helping a guy in need . I have found a started dog in Clay Center Kansas .

I had checked out all the links you all have sent me and was getting ready to start phoning them , when a call was returned to me by a breeder in Clay Center that I am familiar with and actucally one of my top performers are out of .

My current crew is 9 ,11 and 11 and I will save the info for when I will likely bring another dog along in 3 years or so .

Again thanks for being so helpful !!!

KS Brittman

Good! how about some photos. :thumbsup:

Another place to put in your memory bank is Nevene's kennel out of liberty Illinois, my current pup is out of there and I've had two other Britts from them, all good Britts with strong drive, great retrievers and really great family members.

If anyone else is looking for a brit puppy, one of the top brit Pros in the country will have dogs on the ground soon. Top blood lines from proven dogs in the field, and on the trial circuit. Pups will be in Nebraska, and probably SD this summer as he moves to his summer camp for training.

If anyone else is looking for a brit puppy, one of the top brit Pros in the country will have dogs on the ground soon. Top blood lines from proven dogs in the field, and on the trial circuit. Pups will be in Nebraska, and probably SD this summer as he moves to his summer camp for training.

Are you referring to Nolan Huffman?

Are you referring to Nolan Huffman?

No. I'm refering to an AKC/AF trial Pro. Unfortunately we don't see NSTRA dogs competing on the AKC/AF brit circuit, so we will never know how good, or not good they really are when competing against the top AKC/AF brits.

No. I'm refering to an AKC/AF trial Pro. Unfortunately we don't see NSTRA dogs competing on the AKC/AF brit circuit, so we will never know how good, or not good they really are when competing against the top AKC/AF brits.

I think the top NSTRA Britts would do fine on the AKC/AF circuit if you took the time to train for that type of competition and vice versa. Biggest thing is that dogs in NSTRA do not have to be steady to wing & shot. Only until the handler flushes the bird. You do need a pretty big running dog in NSTRA.

I think the top NSTRA Britts would do fine on the AKC/AF circuit if you took the time to train for that type of competition and vice versa. Biggest thing is that dogs in NSTRA do not have to be steady to wing & shot. Only until the handler flushes the bird. You do need a pretty big running dog in NSTRA.

Maybe. But the ones I've seen would be walking dogs, or maybe Gun Dogs, and not All Age dogs. There was a very well known Brit in the NSTRA circuit who people bred to about a million times, his prodigee has had very little impact on the AKC circuit without a lot of outside blood. A lot of people have tried to make those dogs Horse Back dogs, but it just hasn't worked out. On the other hand, there have been AKC/AF dogs who have produced lots of Horse Back dogs. That's not a bash towards NSTRA dogs are any other dogs, it's just what I've seen in the brittany breed, and one of the reasons NLB will never be in the Brittany Field trial HOF.

Back