BPS 16 Gauge

akp

I recently became interested in a BPS and managed to track down one in 16 Ga. They're not the easiest to find. Just got the gun today and have one weekend of bird season left here in Oklahoma. It's built on their 20 Ga frame and handles nice. Hopefully I can hit some birds with it. I have hunted with a Franchi 48 for a long time. I'm a lefty so the ambidextrous gun was appealing. Anyone out there have this gun?

I'll buy yours if you miss...:D...actually, great find and good luck with it.

Yea, two full line Browning dealers here in Tulsa basically told me they couldn't get me that gun. I was going to use a local guy here at a small gun shop for a transfer and find one on an auction site. He called his guy and he had two of them in the warehouse. Cost me about 50 bucks more but I figured keeping my business local was a good thing. Had the gun here in two days. I'm pretty excited about it.

I already have a couple of 20 Ga guns, so I couldn't see a reason (other than shell availability) to buy another one. The 16 weighs the same as the 20 (maybe an ounce more or so).

Last edited:
You'll find some 16 gauge die-hards on the forum. I got lucky and found an A5 Sweet Sixteen. I hadn't drank the 16 gauge kool-aid until I pulled up on my first rooster...1oz 6's dropped him like a rock; now I'm all in. Enjoy the gun and let us know how it shoots.

Speaking of drinking the kool aid, I'm just getting ready to pull the trigger (pun intended) on a new 16 SxS. Hope to have it in another week or so to take to the range. Can't wait for next year!

Back