Boots

VZWman

I have been looking for a good pair of boots that are more versitale and lighter than my snow boots. I have been looking for boots, but struggling to find much in a size 15. Any ideas?

They actually have 2 styles that go up to size 15. What is the comfort like and also how do they hold up walking bean fields and kicking corn stalks (which is how I ripped my snow boots)?

tell me to

i like the mucks for deep snow but what about crp and a tough comfortable not get wet boot in 2 3 inches of snow and light ive seen this thread before im still not convinced of a winner yet

Big Guy, Order Some Boots

I have been looking for a good pair of boots that are more versitale and lighter than my snow boots. I have been looking for boots, but struggling to find much in a size 15. Any ideas?

Big Guy, contact Danner and I bet they will make you a pair of size 15.

Muck Boots

My feet sweat really bad in my Muck Boots, of course they're rubber. Maybe if you changed your socks every couple of hours.
I got some LLBean technical boots. http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/6568...cat4=506567&shop_method=pp&feat=899-sub1&np=Y
Only go up to size 14. Mine are a little big in my size, so maybe a 14 would fit you. Pricey, but comfortable, and waterproof. My feet don't sweat as bad as with my rubber boots. LL Bean has an excellent return policy.

There are a couple kinds of Cabela's brand hunting boots that go up to size 15 and get good reviews.

I've gone to pull on Danner Sharptail Boots, and Russell Mocassin company Cavalier Boots, The russells are all custom made and pricey $400+ or minus. The Danners are around $200, or less on sale, are extremely light, provide excellent waterproofing, and a great stable platform. Neither will require any breakin. I went to no lace because I got tired of the pinching, binding, pain of the lace up boots across the bridge of my feet and lower ankles. There is naturally a little up , down, slip in the heel on the pull ons, but they don't blister, and you get used to it fast, like cowboy boots.

I'd love to get a pair of Russells but I am kind of a gortex fan.

My $.02

I've had a pair of Muck Boots for 2 or 3 seasons and love them. As far as comfort, it's like hunting in slippers. Very warm, light, and water proof.

Yes, my feet do sweat in them, I just use a little deodorizer once in a while. I wish they had a little better traction walking up hill in snow or ice, so I carry a pair of bungee cord traction things.

I don't walk a lot of bean fields but do walk plenty of corn fields and they have held up well.

Back