Boot Help!

Really glad to hear it's working zeb! On another note, the new version Pronhorns are finally breaking in. I'm still taking precautions with duct tape and bandaids for the original blisters but they're working for me now.

On another note, heading to Winner tomorrow night. I hope to have some pics and good reports!

How's the comfort seeming on the new Pronghorn's? I ordered some directly from Danner on the 4th when they were having a 50% off friends and family sell, $90 delivered to my door. I just hope they're as comfortable as the originals.

Bad news guys! The old style Pronghorns are no longer listed on Danner's web site.

I ordered the Danner Big Horns's from Gander Mountain 3 weeks ago and still don't have them. Gander is still checking on it.

Danner had a friends/family sell that got put out on the internet (I ordered some Pronghorns for $90 delivered). I had read they had sold $500,000 worth of boots by mid-afternoon. My boots were supposed to be a week delivery, they told my wife that was actually going to be mid-January due to the order volume.

How's the comfort seeming on the new Pronghorn's? I ordered some directly from Danner on the 4th when they were having a 50% off friends and family sell, $90 delivered to my door. I just hope they're as comfortable as the originals.

Chessy, they definitely took more breaking in than the previous model. The previous model, as others have said, was like slipping into tennis shoes. They were that good. The new ones with the toe and heel caps are quite a bit stiffer. I had horrible blisters but that's my own fault for not taking precautions I know I should have by applying some duct tape or mole skin to areas where I usually blister. I'd recommend them, they're sturdy and keep the water out (so far) but they do require some miles before they're flexible.

Chessy, they definitely took more breaking in than the previous model. The previous model, as others have said, was like slipping into tennis shoes. They were that good. The new ones with the toe and heel caps are quite a bit stiffer. I had horrible blisters but that's my own fault for not taking precautions I know I should have by applying some duct tape or mole skin to areas where I usually blister. I'd recommend them, they're sturdy and keep the water out (so far) but they do require some miles before they're flexible.

I wonder if that's why the change of such a popular boot, you only hear people me included bitching about the leaks.

I've loved my old Pronghorns, many miles chasing pheasants with them, as well as two elk hunts. My only complaint was the toes and stitching at the toes wore very badly. My feet have never gotten wet in them, but I've only put them through heavy dews and the occasional puddle. No standing in ankle deep water for extended periods of time.

I got really wet this year

Due to some big rains in MN this fall, I got really wet even though I wasn't standing in water for a long time. They were comfortable as all get-out, but walking in wet and cold feet all day got old. I had no problems with them until they really started to leak and once it started, the floodgates openned.

I wonder if that's why the change of such a popular boot, you only hear people me included bitching about the leaks.

Fenway, I also read somewhere that they had a long production line where they had issues with the Gortex liner. So maybe it was a whole reworking they had to do to their design, not sure. There was plenty of screaming about the leaking, I did see, hear, and participate in that.

Back