Blue Buffalo Dog Food

Dakotazeb

This thread is not intended to stir up a dog food debate. So please do not go in that direction. I am simply curious to hear from those that feed Blue Buffalo and what they think of it. I have been feeding my dog NutriSource Adult for over 6 years and have been very pleased with the results. However, I am considering switching to Blue Buffalo mainly because NutriSource is difficult to find in Arizona when I'm there for the winter.

So for those of you feeding Blue Buffalo what formula are you feeding?

And lets not get into cost, etc. It's not an issue.

I fed it for a short time a number of years ago. My Shorthairs did ok on it, but If I remember I had to feed quite a bit (more than 4 cups) daily to just to maintain weight during the season. I think it was their Adult Life Protection Chicken and Brown Rice formula. It's not exactly tailored to the working or sporting breeds that need higher protein and fat = more calories. Now... that was before they had their Wilderness line which is higher in protein. Only downside I can see to the Wilderness line is the largest bags you can get seem to be 24lbs.

Isn't Jmac down in Arizona? Maybe ask him what he feeds and or what's available down there? or Just buy enough to last the winter and bring it with ya...

Last edited:
I've done some research on the web since I posted this and I think I'll stay with NutriSource. Dogs have done very well on it in the past so why change now. "If it ain't broke don't fix it". eh? Now that I'm down to one dog it's not as big a deal.

I tried it for a while and the dogs got the runs. Feed pro plan forever but since they changed the formula my dogs did not do as well. Switched over to Diamond Naturals and its not to bad actually but I think I am going to give Victor a try.

I tried it for a while and the dogs got the runs. Feed pro plan forever but since they changed the formula my dogs did not do as well. Switched over to Diamond Naturals and its not to bad actually but I think I am going to give Victor a try.

If it's readily available in our area I would recommend giving NutriSource at try.
http://nutrisourcedogfood.com/nutrisource/

Don't confuse NutriSource with Nutro. Totally different. Nutrisource is made in Perham, MN. Use to be the old Tuffy's dog food company. It's rated pretty high.

Nutri Source looks pretty good. Actually last night I got on Chewy's website and had my mind made up to order Dr. Tims Kinesis but Nutri Source looks pretty good. To be honest I think I am going to start ordering my food from Chewys. Free shipping and no sales tax delivered to my house. I get tired of going to the feed store and then they are out of what I want.

Nutri Source looks pretty good. Actually last night I got on Chewy's website and had my mind made up to order Dr. Tims Kinesis but Nutri Source looks pretty good. To be honest I think I am going to start ordering my food from Chewys. Free shipping and no sales tax delivered to my house. I get tired of going to the feed store and then they are out of what I want.

I feed the adult chicken and rice formula. I buy it at Runnings and usually watch for their sales. I get the 33 lb. bag for $36.99 plus tax. If not on sale it's regularly $42.99.

Just switched to NutriSource from Ecunuba (sp) about two weeks ago. Petco recommended the product. Max is on the lamb and rice formula and seems to like it and the coat shines.

I think the dog tires of the same food and thrives on something new...

Just switched to NutriSource from Ecunuba (sp) about two weeks ago. Petco recommended the product. Max is on the lamb and rice formula and seems to like it and the coat shines.

I think the dog tires of the same food and thrives on something new...

Jon, Petco does not carry NutriSource. Sure you're not confusing it with Nutro? Or did you not buy it at Petco?

Back