Blessed Easter from the Byrd Ranch

M. R. Byrd

Tomorrow is Palm Sunday and many of you may have Easter programs that you will be attending during the next week. I take this time to reflect on all that has been done on my behalf by my Lord Jesus. I cannot go by this cross in my pasture without singing "The Old Rugged Cross".

1. On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross,
the emblem of suffering and shame;
and I love that old cross where the dearest and best
for a world of lost sinners was slain.
Refrain:
So I'll cherish the old rugged cross,
till my trophies at last I lay down;
I will cling to the old rugged cross,
and exchange it some day for a crown.

2. O that old rugged cross, so despised by the world,
has a wondrous attraction for me;
for the dear Lamb of God left his glory above
to bear it to dark Calvary.
(Refrain)

3. In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine,
a wondrous beauty I see,
for 'twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died,
to pardon and sanctify me.
(Refrain)

4. To that old rugged cross I will ever be true,
its shame and reproach gladly bear;
then he'll call me some day to my home far away,
where his glory forever I'll share.
(Refrain)

I wish you and yours a Blessed Easter.

stick17Jun08263.jpg

Last edited:
Here's to wishing all your families the best during this Easter season. God Bless

Happy Palm Sunday and happy Easter to you and yours and may your family time together be blessed. Our pastor mentioned today that this is the most significant week in religious history. May this be a special week in your life this year and all the years to come.

If you by chance do not have access to a good church home, Hosanna has some awesome messages available online via streaming video. Todays message isn't online yet but should be shortly. All past messages in the series are available.

http://vimeo.com/channels/53448

I would like to wish all the Members on the forum a Very Happy Easter. My suggestion; As you sit down to that Easter Dinner and give Thanks. Say a Special Prayer of Thanks to all our Service men/Servicewomen overseas. I think we all know what they do for us. I therefore think they deserve to be remembered on this day.........Bob

Back