Black and White GSP

wapsijim

I have run into a neighbor running her pup off leash (we live on the edge of town and there are some farm fields near, it's Iowa), a couple of times recently. It's a black and white pup and today I asked her what the breed was. She said German Shorthair, (in a very german accent). It's a really good looking pup, but I have never seen a black and white GSP. Are they common in the US? I googled B/W GSP and found they are somewhat common in Germany and are registered there.

I asked her what the breed was. She said German Shorthair, (in a very german accent).

Fine description of the dog. What about the foreign-accented girl?? :D

I haven't seen many, but there's a breeder here in Ks (outback kennels) that seems to have them often. I bought one last fall, and I've been happy with him!

Last edited:
I've seen a few of them. Black disqualifies them in the AKC show ring, but for a hunter that doesn't necessarily matter. I believe black is an acceptable color in the German registry (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Black GSP

Black GSP's are more common every year....They are showing up more and are not as rare as 20 years ago. Older German lines... I had one last year from a rescue that was a dandy young male and I think he came from a breeder in North Platte area..
IMG_8758_zpsgnxwqpay.jpg
IMG_8750_zpsghrlr0yd.jpg

I have a DNA proven orange and white GSP, some kind of rare recessive gene is what they determined. She is the daughter of NFC Sin city Slick Ace.

Ignore my sexy PJs LOL.

Last edited:
I have a DNA proven orange and white GSP, some kind of rare recessive gene is what they determined. She is the daughter of NFC Sin city Slick Ace.

Ignore my sexy PJs LOL.

Very sweet looking dog.

Little e lemons or oranges show up more often all the time, especially when you see Slicker blood in there. I'm assuming you had it color tested and it was ee?

I think all those B & W shorthairs look great. Sunday I met two young gents with a B & W Wirehair. First one of those I've seen too. Also a fine looking dog.

Back