Birds-Summer 2017

UGUIDE

Just got back from another visit to the farm. What strikes me is I just now saw my first full brood with mamma. A nice one. Have also seen several roosters tending hens which is a little late IMO.

I can say I have hard my share of problems with food plots but after replanting some corn and milo a week a go, checking last night, it is coming up the best of any plots planted prior except for the brood mix. I think I can speak for others around state that are also having mixed results due to dry conditions.

The biggest change I have notice is the amount of bugs around. Makes it hard to check fields because the bugs are so thick you can't get out of vehicle. That is what you want to see.

Ask me in Dec. how the bird numbers are:)

Just got back from another visit to the farm. What strikes me is I just now saw my first full brood with mamma. A nice one. Have also seen several roosters tending hens which is a little late IMO.

I can say I have hard my share of problems with food plots but after replanting some corn and milo a week a go, checking last night, it is coming up the best of any plots planted prior except for the brood mix. I think I can speak for others around state that are also having mixed results due to dry conditions.

The biggest change I have notice is the amount of bugs around. Makes it hard to check fields because the bugs are so thick you can't get out of vehicle. That is what you want to see.

Ask me in Dec. how the bird numbers are:)

That's awesome news to hear! I am hoping with the early Spring we perhaps had some broods started earlier than normal as well to beat the dryer portion of this year. What is the approximate part of the state did you visit to see the bugs?

Saw some brood this past weekend west river that were about half the size of the hens they were with.

Back