Bird Hitch

chuckkasie

Has anyone used the bird hitch for cleaning ducks and/or pheasants. It mainly breasts the bird and you toss the rest. Just to clarify I DO NOT believe in wasting anything that is useable. Just curious if anyone has used it and how well it works.:cheers:

Looks like a hell of a lot of money for something you can do with your fingers to me. Besides if as you mentioned it encourages waste, field dressing and the resultant littering of guts, heads, backs, and legs around access points and roadsides I'm against it. The ultimate greenhorn acessory, after all we shoot birds by the bushel so we can't take the time to clean our game with care and respect it deserves.:rolleyes:. If I see one in use, I'll make it a point to stare and laugh at the participants. Peer group pressure is a great thing. Good thread. :10sign:

Looks like a hell of a lot of money for something you can do with your fingers to me. Besides if as you mentioned it encourages waste, field dressing and the resultant littering of guts, heads, backs, and legs around access points and roadsides I'm against it. The ultimate greenhorn acessory, after all we shoot birds by the bushel so we can't take the time to clean our game with care and respect it deserves.:rolleyes:. If I see one in use, I'll make it a point to stare and laugh at the participants. Peer group pressure is a great thing. Good thread. :10sign:

X2...:10sign:

I bought a used one and tried it on some ducks. It works but you still have the skin left on the breast and it does get messy. Have to have a pail or something to catch the carcass. Would be handy if you had a large number of geese to breast, which is why we got it. After using it on a couple ducks we went back to doing it by hand.

I put this right up there with that Cackle Shackle of whatever that thing is called that you secure your birds in neat little order on your luggage rack. That might even be crazier

it seems these would both work fine but in the case of the traveling hunter what would you do you have to keep some sort of identification on pheasant so my thought it good odea but useless

Has anyone used the bird hitch for cleaning ducks and/or pheasants. It mainly breasts the bird and you toss the rest. Just to clarify I DO NOT believe in wasting anything that is useable. Just curious if anyone has used it and how well it works.:cheers:

what is it? is it where you stand on there wings and pull there legs if that is it i love it thats how i clean them

Back