Big redears

quail hound

My brother and I got into some good sized shell crackers this weekend on the Sacramento River and I figured I'd share. We didn't spend a whole lot of time on them since we were bass fishing but we caught a handful in the 1-1.5lb range.

And a 4.5lb largemouth.

If bluegills got as big as a bass you would never get them in the boat. Those are some nice ones.

Those would be a riot with light tackle!! Good eating as well!! Been targeting Perch that somebody dumped illegally where i fish and they are good sized @ 12-14 inches. Problem is I have to wade through the trout to get them! Caught 17 trout to my 4 perch. Went back and caught 8 perch and a heck of a lot of trout. Hopefully I can get over the top of them next trip and fix that ratio!
Nice pic's and looks like you both had a darn good day!!:thumbsup:

Red ear are sure fighting fish. Been a long time since I have fished in Kansas. Summers are so busy at the Ponderosa and I just don't make the time to fish. I am planning dinner for my family. My Cajun salmon(not caught in Kansas), with a wedge of lemon, some fried potatoes and a fresh spinach salad all paired with a nice white wine.

Big perch/ sunfish of any kind sure are fun to catch. These are the first big redears I've gotten into, next are Sacramento perch and I heard there are some yellow perch way up north in CA too.:cheers:

IMG_4429_zpsjtxrgf9t.jpg

Back