Better Shooting - A Colorado Limit

I have a new GP 10 and love it. I started using the voice commands for it because I touched the screen one time and it went into ward mode.
That is what must have happened. I hit something and it went into a different mode. I will use the voice feature now.

Walk,
Great video as always. Tough year to limit on pheasants so major kudos to you and your team.

My love hate relationship ended with the GoPro (an original Hero) laying dormant for three years. Just bought an AKASO camera. I might be able to get it to work as it has a touch screen. Going to try it out this weekend.

Keep sharing the videos!

Matt

Walk,
Great video as always. Tough year to limit on pheasants so major kudos to you and your team.

My love hate relationship ended with the GoPro (an original Hero) laying dormant for three years. Just bought an AKASO camera. I might be able to get it to work as it has a touch screen. Going to try it out this weekend.

Keep sharing the videos!

Matt
Thanks Matt. Appreciate you watching. I have no idea what happened to the GoPro? I never made that change to the camera. A bummer. I invested so much in the Hero 8 that I have to stick with it.

Thank you for the support.

Ross

I will just guess, you fellas that video your hunts would shoot better not taking video. You have put pressure on yourselves to not miss for the camera and then things are already going in the wrong direction. Any of you video guys ever hunt without the cameras and notice any difference, as in "better"...or do you shoot the same or worse? I am doing good to take a poor pic or 2 at the end of the morning hunts.

I will just guess, you fellas that video your hunts would shoot better not taking video. You have put pressure on yourselves to not miss for the camera and then things are already going in the wrong direction. Any of you video guys ever hunt without the cameras and notice any difference, as in "better"...or do you shoot the same or worse? I am doing good to take a poor pic or 2 at the end of the morning hunts.
I publish when I connect and when I don't. I couldn't care less if people that I don't know criticize me after watching my videos. Additionally, I am always willing to learn from any mistakes made in the field. The only pressure I feel is when I miss a layup. I know that I won't get that many opportunities, so the one miss lingers. When you drive 8+ hours and over 500 miles on a Sunday, misses hurt.

I am concerned about the settings on the GoPro. Not a properly engineered product for the big price paid.

I'm certain what you're suggesting is possible, but I personally haven't noticed a significant difference in my shooting. Technology & I commonly don't see eye-to-eye, so there are plenty of times I forego the camera simply because I don't want to think about it at all. Dead batteries. Mild discomfort. Fighting through footage when I'm done. I'm considerably less likely to care about the camera when it's real cold out. I definitely enjoy having a few videos, and putting them on YouTube so I can access them anywhere, anytime. But I try to minimize time & money spent making them. So they're much more geared to what I want to see, rather than what someone else might want to see.
Lackluster pheasant hunting videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2TOA0kZDAwN97I-Q-APaqA/videos
Good pheasant hunting videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIw1ppUP9UvVHgujfvQLfg/videos
Big different.

I'm certain what you're suggesting is possible, but I personally haven't noticed a significant difference in my shooting. Technology & I commonly don't see eye-to-eye, so there are plenty of times I forego the camera simply because I don't want to think about it at all. Dead batteries. Mild discomfort. Fighting through footage when I'm done. I'm considerably less likely to care about the camera when it's real cold out. I definitely enjoy having a few videos, and putting them on YouTube so I can access them anywhere, anytime. But I try to minimize time & money spent making them. So they're much more geared to what I want to see, rather than what someone else might want to see.
Lackluster pheasant hunting videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2TOA0kZDAwN97I-Q-APaqA/videos
Good pheasant hunting videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIw1ppUP9UvVHgujfvQLfg/videos
Big different.
Ace on the coyote could have been bad. Glad the coyote took off.

I look forward to watching more videos. Good plug on the Sitka gloves. We're they warm? My hands are so sensitive to the cold now. I need a good solution.

Ace on the coyote could have been bad. Glad the coyote took off.

I look forward to watching more videos. Good plug on the Sitka gloves. We're they warm? My hands are so sensitive to the cold now. I need a good solution.
They're the Pantanal model. From a fit & design standpoint, I really like them. But I don't think it's possible to keep my fingertips warm in that kind of weather & wind. I need to look into some sort of hand warmer. I'm guessing had the wind been 10 mph less, my fingertips probably would've been ok.

They're the Pantanal model. From a fit & design standpoint, I really like them. But I don't think it's possible to keep my fingertips warm in that kind of weather & wind. I need to look into some sort of hand warmer. I'm guessing had the wind been 10 mph less, my fingertips probably would've been ok.
For the past several years, keeping the hands warm has been a problem, especially my thumbs.

I now have a pair of battery glove "liners" that I intend to use with special mittens, over the glove. The mittens have a slot so I can move the fingers out to the trigger; they also have a "heat packet" arrangement in the end of the mitten. Have yet to try this out hunting - will let you know by the end of the month. Suspect this is going to slow me down a bit...but at least I'll be warm!

Back