Better Shooting - A Colorado Limit

walk213

I apologize for the video issue. The GoPro recorded this trip in "Time Warp" mode. Horrendous. I didn't select it. Not sure what happened?

The first bird I killed at about 30 yards. I almost didn't pull the trigger because of the difficulty of the shot (away and crossing to my right). Glad I did.

The second bird I initially missed behind him, and then I put him down down with the second shot. Echo caught him as the rooster was running.

The third bird I hammered from about 35 yards.

4 shots - 3 birds.

One issue that has suddenly come up.

Echo (6) has always been an amazing retriever. That said, this season she made a decision to stand over the dead rooster, and she waits for me to come to her. That new habit will end soon. Any thoughts?

Josey (2.5) retrieves bumpers, Doken pheasants and even frozen birds. Unfortunately, she continues to be reluctant to retrieve actual birds. We have a lot of work to do in the off season.

Thank you. I can't lie. Hitting that first bird was a confidence builder. Allowed me to relax. Birds were hard to sneak up on even with the snow. They busted wild a lot. Seeing birds is always exciting.

Nice video.Loose the music.Labs always retrieve. Sometimes they have an aversion to blood.
Appreciate you watching. Never change on the music. That is why they created a mute button. I make the videos for me. I hope that people who watch appreciate the effort I make.

Echo (6) has made some of the longest and most difficult retrieves. She has never dropped or avoided bringing back a bird....until this season.

You might be right on Josey. That will have to change.

No man the music is distracting the dog so they don't retrieve. JK
Only playing in my head. Plus the bands appreciate the exposure. Rock n roll is not fashionable anymore. There have been a bunch of people who PM'd me asking about the bands. I am happy to oblige.

Like I said, I do all of the videos for me . I have chronicled almost every hunt with Echo. The music brings me back to the specific hunt

Congrats on your hunt Walk213, and glad you're shooting eye is back! Appreciate you taking the time to video your hunts and share here.
Appreciate you watching that GoPro mess. Not sure what happened? I felt comfortable and my confidence improved.

If you do the videos for you than why post them. I cut your hunt short, couldn't stand the music. Also, slow your head roll, had me about half dizzy.
Just sayin!

If you do the videos for you than why post them. I cut your hunt short, couldn't stand the music. Also, slow your head roll, had me about half dizzy.
Just sayin!
Because I want to. Crazy concept.

You can mute the music. Other people actually like the music. You don't. Free country. I will let the John Garcia (singer) know that you don't enjoy his work.

The GoPro mistakenly filmed in Time Warp mode. No idea what happened but it did.

Thanks for sharing. Like you, I record for myself and my dog. Other folks might enjoy them, others may not. No one has to watch, just like no one has to record and post. Keep doing things your way and enjoy the time afield!

Thanks for sharing. Like you, I record for myself and my dog. Other folks might enjoy them, others may not. No one has to watch, just like no one has to record and post. Keep doing things your way and enjoy the time afield!
I appreciate the support. I enjoy looking back on our hunts. I enjoy the music and the bands seem to appreciate the exposure. Please PM me your YouTube Channel.

If it isn't one thing, it's another. Glad you had good reason for some added shooting confidence.
Dogs can sure be mystifying at times though. GoPros even worse. I have a real on-again-off-again relationship with mine. Love it one day. Hate it the next.
Thank you. Confidence seems to be key to succeeding in everything in life. I was pretty angry with the GoPro.

Bagging three birds on camera is priceless. I always regret when I don't wear my GoPro. Glad you had a good time and I agree with the sentiment of keep doing what you're doing the way you want to do it. I always have to add the music to mine too. When I hear that song on the radio, it takes me back to the hunt every time. The added benefit is it drowns out my stalker like heavy breathing. ;)

I have a new GP 10 and love it. I started using the voice commands for it because I touched the screen one time and it went into ward mode.

Bagging three birds on camera is priceless. I always regret when I don't wear my GoPro. Glad you had a good time and I agree with the sentiment of keep doing what you're doing the way you want to do it. I always have to add the music to mine too. When I hear that song on the radio, it takes me back to the hunt every time. The added benefit is it drowns out my stalker like heavy breathing. ;)
Thanks for watching and your support. When I started bird hunting, I would be so anxious that I would forget the camera in the truck. That is no longer the case.

You are spot on regarding associating the song with the hunting moment.

You are also correct on drowning out my voice. No wants to hear me swear when I miss.

Hunt well.

Back