Best Steakhouse in SD?

I like Charlie's in Chamberlain. Only other option for a steak would be Al's. Where the Busted Nut was at American Creek marina is now The Smoking Mule. A BBQ joint.

Well, the OP specified steaks so I'd have to go with Cattlemen's Club in Pierre with Mad Mary's as a not-too-distant second. A real favorite of ours as an all-around restaurant is Minerva's in Downtown Sioux Falls; their salad bar is tough to beat too. Don't know if it's still open, but a great breakfast spot used to be Stukel's Corner Cafe in Gregory--wonderful cinnamon rolls and a fine breakfast. Happy dining wherever you go in SD!

Smokin mule is the best place to eat in Chamberlin. Not sure if they have steaks or not. But the Rueben is the best I've ever had, and the smoked Mac and cheese is the greatest thing since...... well Mac and cheese. I'll be eating there probably ever day starting this Monday-Thursday.

Smokin mule is the best place to eat in Chamberlin. Not sure if they have steaks or not. But the Rueben is the best I've ever had, and the smoked Mac and cheese is the greatest thing since...... well Mac and cheese. I'll be eating there probably ever day starting this Monday-Thursday.
Chamberlin is a good town.

I stayed in Chamberlain once for work. Its barely on the map. Al's Oasis was a complete tourist trap but it was the only decent lodging around. I would not recommend staying there or eating there. Move along...

Thank you for some of the advice about chamberlain everybody. I have stayed in chamberlain because it’s such a long drive to Mitchell. I think to rapid city it’s 10 hours for me from Idaho and about 13 hours to chamberlain plus a time change into central time zone so really 14 hours. Sometimes I just need a place to stop for the night to sleep and then get up and get to a spot by 10 next morning to hunt. Most of the time we set up in Mitchell and hunt around there in an hour radius.

Back